Florida, Florida, Florida

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
News just in...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning doctors to be on the lookout for malaria cases after five people who had not traveled outside of the country fell ill with locally acquired infections in Texas and Florida. In a health alert Monday evening, the agency expressed concern that the country could see a rise in imported cases due to increased international travel this summer.

The Florida and Texas cases are the first locally acquired malaria infections in the US since 2003, the agency highlighted.

So far, there have been four cases in Florida's Sarasota County and one case in Texas' Cameron County, which sits at the state's far eastern border with Mexico, where malaria is endemic. There is no indication that the Florida cases and the Texas case are linked in any way. The four infected people in Florida, who have all since recovered, were in close geographic proximity to each other, and the Texas case occurred in a person who spent time working outdoors.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
breaking: ron the con just compared himself to a serial killer in an anti-LGBTQ "meme" he made and made it legal to pave roads with nuclear waste

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
At least the people in Hell deserve what they get.
You know how Robot Hell works in Futurama, where you gotta be converted to Robotology to go there? That's how Hell works; you gotta be a Christian to end up there. And because Christians have been mostly terrible since forever, there's a lot of people down in Hell.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I believe there are some federal statutes that REQUIRE an ID issued in ANY state to be valid in ANY other state. Yet another waste of Florida taxpayer money when this inevitably ends up in court and ruled unenforceable.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We're already being threatened with a trucker strike, and we do not produce enough to survive without imports. Florida is in for some rough times.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I believe there are some federal statutes that REQUIRE an ID issued in ANY state to be valid in ANY other state.
Yes, it's literally in the very Constitution. For some reason I thought it was in the 9th or 10th amendment but it turns out it's even older—Article IV, Section 1:

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

That's what the 2012 ruling on same-sex marriage was about—they couldn't mandate that every state issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, but they could make it possible to just hop the border, get one in a state that did, and then hop back and say "Sorry, it's as valid as any other."

Last edited:

Top Bottom