Florida, Florida, Florida

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Same. I genuinely do not understand how its legal for a governor to remove a sheriff, amongst other elected officials. That's far too much power for a single office to hold unchecked.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I mean: I could see there being justification for it; under conditions of extreme incompetence and/or treason, and it immediately triggers an election so that same governor cannot just appoint someone.

But desantis probably did not have the power to do it; the florida senate was tying itself into knots for this asshole.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Seems to me that role would be better served by the legislature or courts, not the executive.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Agreed. It would be one of those justifications where people question it because the governor has only done it one other time since the rule was written.

But since when have tyrants ever cared for precedent. Like I said: desantis probably did not have the ability to do what he did, never mind repeatedly, but he was aided by a thoroughly corrupt state level.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seems to me that role would be better served by the legislature or courts, not the executive.
While I don't like that the Governor has this ability to use on a whim, I will say that on a federal level we have seen the ineptitude of the legislature to impeach an obvious case for it.

Top Bottom