Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Old American Power Rangers clip of a dream sequence. Bulk and Skull become Hot Dog Ranger and Burger Ranger. It was.... horribly campy. XD

Made a Jambayala recipe today from my cookbook. Season chicken with spices, sautee with sausage until browned. Simmer with red onion, bell pepper, and canned tomatoes. Pretty simple. Too hungry to take pics.

Fell down the rabbit hole. Caught a link to this video from Imgur:
I don't even like tiramisu, but maybe it'll taste better if I make it myself. TMM won't have any issues eating it all himself, anyway.
I opted for this recipe since the video doesn't have any quantities.
I was actually going to buy premade marscapone, but I couldn't find it at the market and didn't feel like hunting it down. I plain forgot to get the ladyfingers. Eh, how hard can it be to make my own?

Marscapone cheese was ok, it's currently sitting in the fridge to thicken, so we'll see how it turns out.
Ladyfingers... I usually don't have a problem with separating yolks and whites, but I kept breaking the yolks. I don't have a stand mixer, and the immersion blender with whisk attatchment was overheating... as a result, I couldn't get stiff peaks from the whites and my batter was too runny to pipe. Ended up just baking it as a sheet cake like in the video. Might not have poofed up as much, but it still tastes like ladyfingers! Letting them get a bit stale first so they don't turn to mush with assembly. Now, we wait...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Old American Power Rangers clip of a dream sequence. Bulk and Skull become Hot Dog Ranger and Burger Ranger. It was.... horribly campy. XD

Made a Jambayala recipe today from my cookbook. Season chicken with spices, sautee with sausage until browned. Simmer with red onion, bell pepper, and canned tomatoes. Pretty simple. Too hungry to take pics.

Fell down the rabbit hole. Caught a link to this video from Imgur:
I don't even like tiramisu, but maybe it'll taste better if I make it myself. TMM won't have any issues eating it all himself, anyway.
I opted for this recipe since the video doesn't have any quantities.
I was actually going to buy premade marscapone, but I couldn't find it at the market and didn't feel like hunting it down. I plain forgot to get the ladyfingers. Eh, how hard can it be to make my own?

Marscapone cheese was ok, it's currently sitting in the fridge to thicken, so we'll see how it turns out.
Ladyfingers... I usually don't have a problem with separating yolks and whites, but I kept breaking the yolks. I don't have a stand mixer, and the immersion blender with whisk attatchment was overheating... as a result, I couldn't get stiff peaks from the whites and my batter was too runny to pipe. Ended up just baking it as a sheet cake like in the video. Might not have poofed up as much, but it still tastes like ladyfingers! Letting them get a bit stale first so they don't turn to mush with assembly. Now, we wait...
Cheers!

I met a very attractive lady from Sicily once at a Japanese toy convention. She REALLY loved Starscream and came to my house to give me some home made tiramasu for breakfast, amongst, ahem, something else for the main course too...

I don't even like tiramasu, but now, I can't look at any without some rather fond, if strange memories...

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I'm jealous of a woman TMM never met... lol.

20230427_103526.jpg

All assembled! There's some gaps due to not having enough ladyfinger cake, but oh well. The marscapone/custard mix is delicious. Had some leftover whipping cream, so used that instead of heavy cream for the whipped filling. Didn't bother with the caramel layer like in the video. I did do semi-sweet chocolate shavings, though! Gonna try a little bit tonight after it's set. I'm exhausted. I don't want to do anything this complicated for awhile... 😆

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
After 6hrs in the fridge...

It's actually really good. Maybe it's b/c the coffee/rum flavor isn't too strong and there's cocoa/chocolate shavings on both layers. The cream and whip is super light.
I actually like it. This is so weird, I've never liked any tiramisu before. I do expect it to get stronger overnight, so we'll see if I still like it then.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
In case if anyone else is crazy enough to try this...
Ladyfinger recipe. Next time I will seperate the eggs first, then get them to room temp. Maybe add a pinch of cream of tartar to whip up the whites.

Marscapone cheese recipe. This was easy, used a coffee filter instead of a cheesecloth. Worked fine, just had to be careful with the paper ripping when scraping off the cheese.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Macky-Ds in Japan's got some special "One Piece" food up.

Japanese Macky-Ds.png

I chose the "Chicken Tatsuta Burger with Yuzu-Flavoured Grated Daikon Radish" and a Happy Meal (to get a Japanese-styled toy car, like a Japanese police car, etc) for my nephew.

Chicken Tatsuta Burger with Yuzu-Flavoured Grated Daikon Radish.jpg

McDonalds Japan April May Special Menu Items.jpg

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
But how did it taste??

Omg, melon soda float! I miss those. I've found melon Ramune soda, but no straight up melon soda here... ;_;

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
But how did it taste??

Omg, melon soda float! I miss those. I've found melon Ramune soda, but no straight up melon soda here... ;_;
The burger was ok, but like many (Japanese) McDonald's burgers, there was too much sauce in it, causing the meat and sauce to slip easily out of the bun.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
IMG_20230505_170226.jpg

Steamed Japanese pancakes with lemon yoghurt/ricotta cheese and caramel, alongside freshly made lemon squash.

IMG_20230505_132858.jpg

Japanese pork katsu curry.

IMG_20230505_132838.jpg

Cold Japanese soba noodles, with sobatsuyu broth and kakiage tempura (onions and veggies).

IMG_20230504_221301.jpg

Tonkotsu ramen (champon).

IMG_20230504_221252.jpg

Japanese mixed grill and BIG beer.

IMG_20230504_154556.jpg

Ramune yoghurt float and coffee jelly float from McDonald's Japan.

IMG_20230504_153519.jpg

IMG_20230504_153513.jpg

Cute Pokemon cakes!

IMG_20230504_145836.jpg

IMG_20230504_145826.jpg

Limited edition Japanese doughnuts.

IMG_20230504_132943.jpg

Nepalese and Indian curry with Nepalese beer.

On the way home, we chanced upon a Thai food festival, so it was rude not to support the local Thai population...

IMG_20230505_180630.jpg
IMG_20230505_180646.jpg
IMG_20230505_180905.jpg

IMG_20230505_180925.jpg
IMG_20230505_180931.jpg
IMG_20230505_180941.jpg
IMG_20230505_180950.jpg
IMG_20230505_181437.jpg
IMG_20230505_180956.jpg

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Mmm, Pad Thai. I will also take one of everything you posted except the beer and coffee jelly.

20230503_113952.jpg
20230504_095201~2.jpg

Made this from the 2nd cookbook. It was really good, nicely balanced and a tad sweet. Just needed a few more mins in the oven, used a glass pan. Will probably double the recipe next time. The top left is from a different recipe, didn't want it to get confusing.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Mmm, Pad Thai. I will also take one of everything you posted except the beer and coffee jelly.

View attachment 13948
View attachment 13949

Made this from the 2nd cookbook. It was really good, nicely balanced and a tad sweet. Just needed a few more mins in the oven, used a glass pan. Will probably double the recipe next time. The top left is from a different recipe, didn't want it to get confusing.
Nice! I am not a fan of coffee jelly either. In Japan, they eat it in sandwiches with cream...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Just went to a southern Indian restaurant for dinner "dosa" and "biriyani" after a rather stressful day looking after many kids, including, ironically a rather trying special needs Indian boy and his overbearing Indian mother.

IMG_20230511_181629.jpg

IMG_20230511_181356.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom