Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Paella is one of those dishes that has lots of variations. We recently tried a Goya easy mix box that comes with a can of seafood/peas/sauce. We added some sliced kielbasa and some small shrimp (shelled, de-vained). Quite tasty.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Made this Pad Thai recipe, just doubled everything. Recipe doesn't specify, but the shrimp should be fresh or defrosted, not frozen. I love wide rice noodles so I used those, though they got a bit mashed. We had a free bag of peanuts from the Roadhouse, it was a pain to de-shell them, but free is free. Note to self: use the spice grinder or something to chop the peanuts next time. A regular knife just sends everything flying. I'm glad we used extra small shrimp, they cooked in no time and came out just right. I even added a little more sriracha to my bowl, not too spicy with everything else in there.

Attachments

• 20240908_105529~2.jpg
    20240908_105529~2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 8

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Made this Pad Thai recipe, just doubled everything. Recipe doesn't specify, but the shrimp should be fresh or defrosted, not frozen. I love wide rice noodles so I used those, though they got a bit mashed. We had a free bag of peanuts from the Roadhouse, it was a pain to de-shell them, but free is free. Note to self: use the spice grinder or something to chop the peanuts next time. A regular knife just sends everything flying. I'm glad we used extra small shrimp, they cooked in no time and came out just right. I even added a little more sriracha to my bowl, not too spicy with everything else in there.
For the peanuts, you can pop them in a Ziploc bag and either smash with them with a hammer or equivalent, or crush them by rolling over them with a rolling pin.

Obviously, don't do it like this.

Last edited:

Top Bottom