G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Can't believe they cheaped out on giving him his now iconic box of ammo with single, loose bullet! :LOL:
Pursuit of Cobra Low Light I think will remain one of the most impressively accessorized single figure ever made. Especially when you consider I preordered mine for $5.99!

Low Light is solid, but I have greater attachment to the Marauders version. And, after BBQ, I'm not worried about him being relegated to a retailer exclusive for that version.

Grunt is quite nice. He's a great example of KISS design philosophy, sporting some nice upgrades, but still retaining a LOT of his classic look. I love they budgeted in the Steel Brigade helmet and gave him the cartoon rifle.

Snow Wol-er-Serpent is just wonderful. I'm thrilled to see people on the design team remember and like the old 2005 Snow Wolf as much as I did. The promo shots even look like the gear started in a shade of grey before being worked into blue. We'll see how it ends up in hand. Like Grunt, I'm THRILLED to see the cartoon Cobra rifle present here as well. Pulse sold out instantly, but I got an order in with BBTS.

Blot

Citizen
I'm just glad Snow Serpent reclaimed his '90s snowboard.

GsplT7K.png

TriBlurr

Citizen
So just a heads up. The more reliable sources out there are saying this Wednesday's preorders should be:

Firefly
Crimson Viper
Nunchuck

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So what you're saying is that they should increase the number of Chucks?

In other words, they should up Chuck?

TriBlurr

Citizen
Airborne is confirmed to NOT be the final Dragonfly tier. BUT is confirmed for a mainline release as a name only reveal in today's roundtable fan discussion.

Other Pipeline reveal is a 788 Fire Team 3 Pack. Which will be a pulse exclusive companion piece to the HISS Tank.

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Also of note is that the o-ring line is “on hold”, but that doesn’t seem to apply to the collabs . Leaked today was the Soundwave/Thunder Machine Transformer with Zartan and Zarana. I still maintain Hasbro could have sold dozens of thousands of a retro remake v2 Snake Eyes. The most popular figure in the line that has NEVER been rereleased, and they dicked around with remakes that weren’t really necessary.

SDCC is supposed to be an “important panel” with more renders. I’m holding hope for an actual kids line, but we’ll see. I’m not holding my breath on that, though.

Hasbro also confirmed no more runs of Serpentor or Dr Mindbender, as they currently exist. Serpentor is a prime candidate for a single figure sporting his comic colors (shades of green with a red cape), and there are some variations from the early 2000s that would work, like the red capped version from 2003.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Does Chuckles come with a tiny Soundwave?

-ZacWilliam, that feels like an accessory that will get some reuse eventually.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't have any particular love for Nightforce Crazylegs but retail Crazylegs was a favorite, so mostly this makes me hope that it leeds to that.

-ZacWilliam, his colors and sculpt just always appealed.

Dake

Citizen
Well... I'm probably going to pass on the Dragonfly then. I'm not sure what third figure would've made me pull the trigger, but this isn't it (and it seems iffy whether it will even make it to the final tier).

TriBlurr

Citizen
Emily from the Joe team revealed on Instagram that Doc would be joining Airborne and Hawk in the Classified line next year.

Those 3 had been the top three speculated for the final Dragonfly tier.

I'm fine with Crazy Leggs. Honestly I felt the value for the Dragonfly in the base offering was already well worth it. So the unlocks are just gravy.

Was honestly hoping for something more deep cut like Glenda.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Chuckles was my first GI Joe figure. (One of a very small collection that was given away on Craigslist several years ago.) I'm not picking the new one up, but it's cool to know it exists.

Top Bottom