G.I. Joe thread - 07/25/2024: Haslab Rattler, Road Pig, Raptor and more

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Was bored for a brief time this after noon and ended up paging through YoJoes toy listings by year and marking down every figure I would love a Classified of that they havnt done. It's largely a list of "I had and liked this guy as a kid" in the end, but if your curious these are the ones that would get me to click BUY right away:

-JOES-
Sci-Fi
Airtight
Crazy Legs
Fast Draw
Psych Out
Mercer
Dodger
Maverick
Mainframe
Tiger Force Skystriker
Tiger Force Lifeline
Salvo
Sky Patrol Airborne
General Hawk (Flight Pack)
Snake Eyes (Ski Suit) V4
T'Jbang
Mirage
Robo-Joe
Star Brigade Rock n Roll
Star Brigade Hawk
Ice Cream Soldier
Sci-Fi V4

-COBRA-
Battle Armor Cobra Commander
Hydro-Viper
Strato-Viper
Crystal Ball
Golobulus
Cobra-La Trooper
Secto-Viper
HEAT Viper
TARGAT
Overlord
BAT V2
Cobra Commander V4
Cobra Immortal
Incinerators
Cesspool
Sludge Viper
Toxo-Viper
Interrogator
Eels V2
Headhunters
Toxo-Zombie
Slice
Dice
Overkill
Alley Viper V2
Headhunters Stormtrooper
Bio-Viper
Cyber-Viper
Mega-Viper
Monstro-Viper
Nightcreeper V2
BAAT
Blackstar
Lunartix Empire Aliens

ZacWilliam, yes a few of these may be a long wait. ;)

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I really am kind of surprised that they haven't done Sci Fi, Airtight, or Battle Armor Cobra Commander yet. I'd also like an '89 Snake Eyes (v3).

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
At TF Nation this past weekend in the UK, part of a panel was 're-creating' the original 'death' of Duke from "G.I. Joe: The Movie" with the ORIGINAL dialog PLUS General Hawks eulogy from the aborted funeral scene- presented as script, describing the cremation of Duke's casket(!).

Hosted on TF Nation's site (as it's copyright blocked in the US):

If you want to skip Buzz Dixon (you monster!), then go to 3:05.

Personally, had the death gone through, I think the (over elaborate) cremation would have made things emotionally worse. Twisting the knife if you will.

And why cremation? Given how rooted in real-world military G.I. Joe was, it would have been more fitting to have his casket loaded onto a C-10 for passage to Arlington.

ALSO, how awkward would the end of the movie be with half the Joes were in Cobra-La and would not have known what happened.

*External; remnants of Cobra-La. The Joes are celebrating a victory from the jaws of defeat, and possibly the end of Cobra! Jubilation abounds!*
Shipwreck: "So has anyone seen Duke?"
*Half the Joes fall dead silent. The good cheer of the rest quickly vanish. They know somethings up.*

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wait, what? Why?
I’m not sure. It says “Hasbro Studios, LLC” issued a copyright claim, but that subsidiary hasn’t used that name since 2019. Given YouTube’s….loose…verifications for video ownership, I’m not even sure it WAS Hasbro that filed the strike. I’ve also seen them crop up on some of the postings of Japanese content.
I’ve stumbled across videos and reddit comments claiming a person/group called “Kidz Clips” has a history of maliciously copyrighting on stuff they don’t own and may have taken the “Hasbro Studios LLC” name to continue doing so.

So who knows why it is being blocked, either through YouTube’s automated system or a bad actor. Given the sheer VOLUME of FAR more easily claimable stuff still on Youtube after a decade or more…I’m inclined to cite a bad actor being an ass.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Wasn't expecting this to arrive for at least another month. Cool!
20240831_155557.jpg

Top Bottom