Ghostbusters General

Shadewing

Citizen
I want those, but there is NO WAY they are worth $200 each. Around Half that and I'd be all for them. I don't care how much or how long I've been wanting toys of Boogeyman and Sam Hain, I can't justfy the price for them.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I want those, but there is NO WAY they are worth $200 each. Around Half that and I'd be all for them. I don't care how much or how long I've been wanting toys of Boogeyman and Sam Hain, I can't justfy the price for them.
Same. I'd love to see a new Real Ghostbusters line with those two in particular. But I wouldn't be able to justify that price even before the economy went to hell.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Keep in mind thats $200 for a Ghostbuster, accessories, small ghost, and Large Ghost with alternate heads. Not each figure.

Badgertron

Citizen
I read somewhere that it's probably a licensing stipulation that they have to come in multipacks, which would be a shame.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I read somewhere that it's probably a licensing stipulation that they have to come in multipacks, which would be a shame.
It assuredly is. Same reason Lego can’t do “mini figure sets” for Star Wars (and probably Marvel as well); Hasbro has the rights for single packed mass retail action figures. Their Ghostbusters license might even extend to scale options as well (Spin Master can make 4” and 12” figures, but not 6 or 7 because those scales are locked to McFarlane).
Welcome to the world of “slicensing”! :p

While I appreciate Hasbro’s work…I still have a love for RGB. And I’m sad Hasbro’s been leaving that avenue unexplored aside from Kenner reissues. I’m holding a small flame on the hope that the o-ring 4 pack gets retooled into an RGB set.

Badgertron

Citizen
It assuredly is. Same reason Lego can’t do “mini figure sets” for Star Wars (and probably Marvel as well); Hasbro has the rights for single packed mass retail action figures. Their Ghostbusters license might even extend to scale options as well (Spin Master can make 4” and 12” figures, but not 6 or 7 because those scales are locked to McFarlane).
Welcome to the world of “slicensing”! :p

While I appreciate Hasbro’s work…I still have a love for RGB. And I’m sad Hasbro’s been leaving that avenue unexplored aside from Kenner reissues. I’m holding a small flame on the hope that the o-ring 4 pack gets retooled into an RGB set.
I've also been holding my breath for Hasbro 6" RGB. Maybe they'll announce another movie soon...

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
$200 seems pretty ridiculous when the Haslab full-size trap and PKE meter replica set was just $100 more.

Mondo and similar stuff is just insanely overpriced these days. I really hate how so much of the whole geek/sci-fi collecting market has just become such a cash grab. It was always an expensive hobby, sure, but never to the degree it is today.

It's made me a lot more picky about what I will and will never consider buying, and most figures just don't make the cut. I'd rather spend my money on actual prop replicas or high-quality models.

Shadewing

Citizen
For me, its becuase I collect Transformers that these sets don't seem worth it. I could spend $200 and get Tidal Wave. Big ass figure, that a bunch of bulit-in play factor to him, or I could buy this set with two 6-7 inch figures that don't seem like they should be more then $50-60 solo that don't do much more then pose and look nice on the shelf. I feel I am getting MUCH more for my money with a Titan Class figure, then one of these sets.

Top Bottom