Ghostbusters General

Shadewing

Citizen
I want those, but there is NO WAY they are worth $200 each. Around Half that and I'd be all for them. I don't care how much or how long I've been wanting toys of Boogeyman and Sam Hain, I can't justfy the price for them.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I want those, but there is NO WAY they are worth $200 each. Around Half that and I'd be all for them. I don't care how much or how long I've been wanting toys of Boogeyman and Sam Hain, I can't justfy the price for them.
Same. I'd love to see a new Real Ghostbusters line with those two in particular. But I wouldn't be able to justify that price even before the economy went to hell.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Keep in mind thats $200 for a Ghostbuster, accessories, small ghost, and Large Ghost with alternate heads. Not each figure.

Badgertron

Citizen
I read somewhere that it's probably a licensing stipulation that they have to come in multipacks, which would be a shame.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I read somewhere that it's probably a licensing stipulation that they have to come in multipacks, which would be a shame.
It assuredly is. Same reason Lego can’t do “mini figure sets” for Star Wars (and probably Marvel as well); Hasbro has the rights for single packed mass retail action figures. Their Ghostbusters license might even extend to scale options as well (Spin Master can make 4” and 12” figures, but not 6 or 7 because those scales are locked to McFarlane).
Welcome to the world of “slicensing”! :p

While I appreciate Hasbro’s work…I still have a love for RGB. And I’m sad Hasbro’s been leaving that avenue unexplored aside from Kenner reissues. I’m holding a small flame on the hope that the o-ring 4 pack gets retooled into an RGB set.

Badgertron

Citizen
It assuredly is. Same reason Lego can’t do “mini figure sets” for Star Wars (and probably Marvel as well); Hasbro has the rights for single packed mass retail action figures. Their Ghostbusters license might even extend to scale options as well (Spin Master can make 4” and 12” figures, but not 6 or 7 because those scales are locked to McFarlane).
Welcome to the world of “slicensing”! :p

While I appreciate Hasbro’s work…I still have a love for RGB. And I’m sad Hasbro’s been leaving that avenue unexplored aside from Kenner reissues. I’m holding a small flame on the hope that the o-ring 4 pack gets retooled into an RGB set.
I've also been holding my breath for Hasbro 6" RGB. Maybe they'll announce another movie soon...

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
$200 seems pretty ridiculous when the Haslab full-size trap and PKE meter replica set was just $100 more.

Mondo and similar stuff is just insanely overpriced these days. I really hate how so much of the whole geek/sci-fi collecting market has just become such a cash grab. It was always an expensive hobby, sure, but never to the degree it is today.

It's made me a lot more picky about what I will and will never consider buying, and most figures just don't make the cut. I'd rather spend my money on actual prop replicas or high-quality models.

Shadewing

Citizen
For me, its becuase I collect Transformers that these sets don't seem worth it. I could spend $200 and get Tidal Wave. Big ass figure, that a bunch of bulit-in play factor to him, or I could buy this set with two 6-7 inch figures that don't seem like they should be more then $50-60 solo that don't do much more then pose and look nice on the shelf. I feel I am getting MUCH more for my money with a Titan Class figure, then one of these sets.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So Frozen Empire is now on Netflix and we finally sat down and watched it this weekend.

I like seeing Winston and ray together and they have a great golden years moment towards the end of the film.

Phobe and her ghost "Friend" Melody were very annoying and Melody's role in finale was so foreshadow that 20 minutes into the film the movie sent me a text message to let me know what would happen.

The possessor ghost running away with the cylinder doesn't make any sense as it needs the player to play the chant, and a 130 year old wax cylinder player isn't exactly a common thing.

The whole fire master thing was handled very poorly and just for laughs.

I did like that they limited the kids screen time in this film, but they focused on Phobe and made her the most annoying of the kids. Lucky was barely in the film.

The villain was visually neat, but really was just something that they unleashed on themselves.

The mayor being the antagonist from the first film was great.

Overall, I would give the film a 3 out of 5.

Axaday

Citizen
So Frozen Empire is now on Netflix and we finally sat down and watched it this weekend.

I like seeing Winston and ray together and they have a great golden years moment towards the end of the film.

Phobe and her ghost "Friend" Melody were very annoying and Melody's role in finale was so foreshadow that 20 minutes into the film the movie sent me a text message to let me know what would happen.

The possessor ghost running away with the cylinder doesn't make any sense as it needs the player to play the chant, and a 130 year old wax cylinder player isn't exactly a common thing.

The whole fire master thing was handled very poorly and just for laughs.

I did like that they limited the kids screen time in this film, but they focused on Phobe and made her the most annoying of the kids. Lucky was barely in the film.

The villain was visually neat, but really was just something that they unleashed on themselves.

The mayor being the antagonist from the first film was great.

Overall, I would give the film a 3 out of 5.
I think it is a pretty good when you view it as an episode in a series. It didn't need to be super impactful. A conflict and resolution with action and nice character moments. It couldn't have relaunched the franchise, but movies like this will be perfectly welcome for me as long as they want to make them.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Something that annoys me about this film, the fire masters.

Ghostbusters is a franchise that doesn't rely on magic, spells, or any other kind of super natural elements to handle the paranormal. They use science, And in this film, they don't really do that. If not for a fire ghost and a fire master, they would all be dead.

Sure, Phobe sort of modifies her proton pack to use brass to be more effective, but why didn't everyone else make some modifications or come up with better weapons since they know that theirs were totally ineffective. even if they didn't have the time, they should have at least tried to make some brass weapons. The only science thing that they do is use the old containment grid as a giant trap.

I just feel that mystical part of the film is not keeping with the idea of the films using technology to stop the paranormal.

Axaday

Citizen
Something that annoys me about this film, the fire masters.

Ghostbusters is a franchise that doesn't rely on magic, spells, or any other kind of super natural elements to handle the paranormal. They use science, And in this film, they don't really do that. If not for a fire ghost and a fire master, they would all be dead.

Sure, Phobe sort of modifies her proton pack to use brass to be more effective, but why didn't everyone else make some modifications or come up with better weapons since they know that theirs were totally ineffective. even if they didn't have the time, they should have at least tried to make some brass weapons. The only science thing that they do is use the old containment grid as a giant trap.

I just feel that mystical part of the film is not keeping with the idea of the films using technology to stop the paranormal.
Yeah, that's fair. I was intrigued by the expansion of the franchise with fire masters, but I can see how the other was a pretty consistent, meaningful theme before.

But maybe mitochondria makes you a fire master!

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
The cartoons and comics frequently have the 'busters using paranormal methods in addition to their technological ones. You can't be too picky, especially given some of the entities they encounter.

You know Ray loves that stuff in any context, and Egon will go with whatever is effective, Peter probably doesn't care either way and Winston likely listens Ray and Egon's advice on the matter.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While I do remember watching the cartoon, I barely remember anything about it. I remember the ghost that didn't like noise, one that copied things, and a mail lady.

Top Bottom