Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Eh, sounds like a good idea. But I do most of my playing on Violet. I only use Scarlet to double up on mystery gifts. Plus Arceus kinda ruined the value of shinies for me tbh.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
getting the shiny charm in violet has the little bastards popping up like daisies.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Bit of a PSA. You might not want to trigger the previous generation Legendary encounters in the postgame, because Gamefreak screwed up coding the IVs. All the Legendaries are SUPPOSED to have 3 perfect IVs, but they ended up with random IVs.

Gamefreak will probably end up patching this eventually, but who knows when. I'm not sure if I actually care or not, but it's just worth knowing before getting too far in.

All the past Legendaries are also Shiny locked, but that was probably on purpose (BOO!).

Although, on the bright side, this does seem to be the only big bug in this DLC. So, that's a nice surprise!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
*shrugs* I haven't even decided whether or not to bother with the past legendaries or not. I'm sure I've got several of each. I guess I'll decide when I come to it.

Spin-Out

Citizen
bold of you to assume i care about most legendaries

also tbh bottle caps are absurdly easy to get in this game so this isn't really much of an issue.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Good thing I only got Moltres so far.

Ran through the main storyline for The Indigo Disk. Bit sad we don’t get a lot of interaction with the main games cast with the new characters of the DLC. There is a fun little sequence with the Team Star crew but they might be a bit different.

Was hoping there would be a non Terra raid way to get Walking Wake and Iron Leaves, sadly it doesn’t seem to be happening.

Also recommend putting your BP towards improving the Terrariums zones. Did the Savannah zone and immediately saw wild Charmanders roaming around, a Sobble, a Rowlet and a little group of Snivy!

wentwood

Citizen
I finished Journeys (Gen VIII Part 1) and am watching Master Journeys (Gen VIII Part 2) on Pokemon TV.

DVD

Watching Sun And Moon (Gen VII Part 1) on DVD.

Poke flix will be adding new episodes in both Jap and English.

I will finish Ultimate Journeys there after the winter break unless they get added to Pokemon TV.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Welp, I got my Terapagos and the credits are rolling. So I guess it's time to really start this DLC for real now.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Speaking of, has anyone tried breeding/evolving for any regional variants in the Terarium? Is that even possible?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I haven't tried. But I have to wonder, in a game where I've seen both a wild Exeggutor and a wild Alolan Exeggutor in the same biome, if I were to get eggs from both, I'd imagine I'd never know what version I have until I evolve it, because the Exeggcute for both look very much the same.

I also imagine whatever variant you get depends on the parent of the egg, but that's just guessing. I haven't tried yet.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
It seems like you can breed and evolve the Regional variants of Pokemon that are basically their own line (as long as they're holding the Everstone to pass on their regional form to the eggs), but there are a few instances where you CANNOT evolve the Pokemon into it's Regional Form if it's a branching evolution.

For example, it seems like you CAN evolve Alolan Vulpix into Alolan Ninetales. BUT, you CANNOT evolve Exeggcute into Alolan Exeggutor. It will always evolve into Kantonian Exeggutor. Weird. And...POSSIBLY a bug. We'll see.
www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/18ijlxi/exeggcute_into_alolan_exeggutor/

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Indigo League - Diamond And Pearl Part 1

I know the change happened mid Galactic Battles.

Did Viz upscale these episodes?

I have a 1080 / 16:9 TV.

There didn't seem to be much difference from when I watched Sun and Moon.

Echowarrior

Citizen
It seems like you can breed and evolve the Regional variants of Pokemon that are basically their own line (as long as they're holding the Everstone to pass on their regional form to the eggs), but there are a few instances where you CANNOT evolve the Pokemon into it's Regional Form if it's a branching evolution.

For example, it seems like you CAN evolve Alolan Vulpix into Alolan Ninetales. BUT, you CANNOT evolve Exeggcute into Alolan Exeggutor. It will always evolve into Kantonian Exeggutor. Weird. And...POSSIBLY a bug. We'll see.
www.reddit.com/r/PokemonScarletViolet/comments/18ijlxi/exeggcute_into_alolan_exeggutor/

Well that's annoying. The game data allows for Alolan Raichu, and yet, we can't get one. I mean, I wasn't worried about Alolan Ninetales or Alolan Sandslash or Alolan Muk or Alolan Graveler, but it would've been nice to get Alolan Raichu just by going into the Terarium and giving a Pikachu a Thunder Stone.

Ah well. I'll live.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, here's some sorta good news. The Walking Wake and Iron Leaves Tera Raid events are returning December 25 to January 7, according to Serebii.

So, at least you'll have another chance to get them if you didn't yet. You can't catch a second one though, which is a bit of a shame. I really don't know why not. Honestly, I don't know why we couldn't have just gotten a regular overworld encounter for them in the DLC, but Gamefreak's gonna Gamefreak. These two seem like they're going to stay exclusive to Raids.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I would say they'll be regular encounters in two or three Gens, but they haven't brought back the Ultra Beasts yet, so they might decide Paradox get the same treatment.

Spin-Out

Citizen
Well that's annoying. The game data allows for Alolan Raichu, and yet, we can't get one. I mean, I wasn't worried about Alolan Ninetales or Alolan Sandslash or Alolan Muk or Alolan Graveler, but it would've been nice to get Alolan Raichu just by going into the Terarium and giving a Pikachu a Thunder Stone.

Ah well. I'll live.
that's literally how regional forms of pokemon that evolve from the regular forms of those pokemon (alolan raichu, marowak and exeggutor, galarian weezing and mr. mime, the hisuian starters and hisuian sliggoo, lilligant, braviary and avalugg) have worked since regional forms were introduced. In USUM you could evolve Exeggcute, Cubone and Pikachu into their Kanto forms while in Ultra Space tho

wentwood

Citizen
Watching Indigo League and Orange Islands up to The Pokemon Water War.

Pokemon Go

I caught a Gen 9 today. Anybody else started
to see them yet?

I don't have any from Galar yet.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I had 2 Master Balls, so I decided to use one on Meloetta. Tricky way of finding her. At first I thought they must be joking, but no, this is how you encounter her.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So maybe my definitions have always been off, but help me out here.

Normal Pokemon:
You find them in game and there are lots of them. Don't worry if you make one faint when you wanted to catch it because there are plenty.

Legendaries:
You find them in game, but there's only one of them so you should save before facing them in case you make them faint.

Mythical:
These are not found in game. You can only get these through special events and/or mystery gift and typically only one per game.

So far so good, except lately GameFreak has been putting mythical pokemon in the game. So are Shayman, Melloetta and such no longer mythical and now considered legendary? Are the definitions going to need to be changed? Did I always just have the wrong definition in mind?

Top Bottom