Harris-Walz / Dems

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
Look, I know that voting for the Democrats is like voting for 75% less rat turds in the soup. It sucks because there's still rat turds in your soup. But the alternative is voting for the rat that's shitting in your soup and saying "I'm voting for the rat because the other guy can't eliminate the rat turds."

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Most of the time it's really more like voting for "We won't put EVEN MORE rat turds in the soup than there already are, but we don't want to propose anything radical like actually reducing them even slightly."

Meanwhile no one wants to consider the option to just storm the kitchen, force all the cooks out at gunpoint, and take over.

Deathy G1

Citizen
AP is reporting that Obama has privately joined the ranks of those who would like to see Biden bow out.

Combine that with the DNC refusing to rush the nomination vote as requested, and the writing is on the wall for the Biden campaign.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And if they do it, they're handing the election to trump. The end.

Edit: sigh, I guess I need to the optimist anyway. They ******* WONT because the logistics alone of replacing the presidential candidate THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE VOTE is insurmountable. They can bitch all they want, but they need biden to have any chance to win.

Last edited:

Paladin

Citizen
It' also should be insurmountable that a President could incite an armed uprising after losing an election & not only avoid jail time but return to run AGAIN while retaining universal support from the Party and voting public.

And yet here we ******* are.

Deathy G1

Citizen
NBC News is reporting that Biden’s family is now discussing an exit plan.

It’s over. Time to ramp up Harris’s campaign.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
NBC News is reporting that Biden’s family is now discussing an exit plan.

It’s over. Time to ramp up Harris’s campaign.
Oh, so biden made a statement declaring he's done? Or is it just commentators commentating?

Bidens current statement is: he's in it to win it.

Changing now is giving it to trump. And don't believe everything you see on TV.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
believe.JPG

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Alright, so who has to say what to get you to believe that he's actually, wholeheartedly in the race? Because you do realize "He's dropping out" is just the new "but her emails", right? Literally saying ANYTHING to undermine his support.

Deathy G1

Citizen
The thing is, much of this pushback is coming from the Democratic Party. A divided party is a problem if you want to win an election. The people undermining his support are supposed to be on his side.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
It says so much about American elections that people think a substitution for Joe Biden at this point would be an "11th-hour" or "last-minute" substitution. It's July. The election is in November. That's 4 months away. Entire election campaigns in other countries can be as short as two months!

It is NOT normal to have an election cycle which starts 2 years before the election. Four months before an election should not be considered "last-minute". This is true regardless of whether you think it's a good idea to swap out someone else for Joe.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Whether replacing Biden would make the Democrat's chances better or worse is something I'm not going to judge, since I can't influence that anyway.

It shouldn't make a very large difference either way, because any reasonable voter should vote for the preferred one out of the main two, and we already know who the other guy is.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Getting vibes of when the Tories eased out various prime ministers during their last term of office, how it gets stirred up in the media for several weeks beforehand. Then suddenly happens. Feels very similar. From this side of the pond, anyway.

(Also reminds me of Labour’s last time in government when cabinet minister tried to ease out Gordon Brown to role him with someone ‘more electable’, but ended up seriously weakening him.)

Paladin

Citizen
i hate Biden too but all these ******* press stories about him dropping out just make me flash back to the 10th Doctor going "Don't you think she looks tired?"

IF something happened between now and the election the ONLY actual replacement is Harris. I can buy the Dem establishment being stupid enough to try to replace her (maybe to install someone even further to the right than Biden) but if that happens the sheer optics of trying to stop a black woman candidate would probably cost them virtually all the demographics they'd need to win.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
FB friend:

Ohio law originally required Presidential candidates to be certified 90 days before the election. The law was changed to 65 days, but other states may have similar laws.

Top Bottom