Harris-Walz / Dems

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
It will be forgotten in 24 to 48 hours, besides the focus of rally wasn't really about foreign policy, it was about domestic issues, so even bringing it up was a bit out of place. She shut them down to maintain control of the message she was wanting to give and given the applause after she said that, I'd say the bulk of the audience agreed with her.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
And she has a point. The best chance the pro-Palestine side has is with Kamala as POTUS. Trump would gladly allow Netanyahu to grind them under his boot heel, if not send US troops to help him do it.

Paladin

Citizen
Her first major appearance in an essential state and she all but told the population nothing will change in the same foreign policy that caused a lot of folks to vote "Uncommitted" in the primary because they were dissatisfied with how Biden handled things.

There were a LOT of better options to take in such a speech- "I hear you; we need to work more towards a ceasefire; we mourn the innocents lost/condemn the actions of extremists" but instead she basically told them to shut up.

Not a good look.

Ungnome

Citizen
She said no such thing. You are reading way to much into her words here. She KNOWS the nation is divided on the issue and it's NOT divided along clear Republican/Democrat lines, even if Dems, on average are more pro-Palestine than the GOP is. The ONLY way to beat Trump is for the two factions(in regards to the Palestinian issue) to unite and save the infighting and debate on the issue until after the more serious threat is defeated(Trump's brand of Fascism). If Trump wins, the Palestinian cause in the US is all but lost for at least 4 years anyway(likely more if they are able to implement Project 2025).

What were they even saying? Did she even hear them or did just she treat them like any other hecklers?
I'm not quite sure, myself. I couldn't make it out. I'm gonna assume they had signs or something similar that she could read, though.

Ungnome

Citizen
apparently "“Kamala, Kamala, you can’t hide. We won’t vote for genocide.”

AND SHE WAS RIGHT. That kind of thinking WILL get Trump elected which would make things EVEN WORSE for the Palestinians caught in the crossfire between Hamas and Israel. Protesting against the best-chance candidate for the lives of the Palestinians isn't going to help their cause AT ALL. It's just plain stupid that THAT is where and how they decided to protest.....

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I'm gonna be blunt, hecklers of any caliber -even when right - are not at large events like this (15,000, reportedly) for a sit-down conversation, nor is it the venue for that.

Hecklers suck the air out of the room. Protest is designed to disrupt to draw attention to a cause. Congratulations you have that attention now, use it to push for your sit-down instead of whining that she didn't stop everything to address you perfectly in the moment.

Engage in actual praxis, instead of endless critique. Please.

Corvus

Citizen
The lack of pragmatism when the situation absolutely BEGS for exactly that is damaging, stubborn irrationality. It solves nothing and helps no one at best, and at worst it harms the cause those types claim to support. As has been said before, a vote is not a Valentine or a ******* love-letter. It's a chess-move towards the world you want to live in.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1723126068278.png

From Facebook.

Paladin

Citizen

All right; that's better.

Still kinda "Both Sides-y" but mentioning ceasefire is the right direction to push.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It's both-sides-y because this is actually a situation where both sides are being awful and it's the right thing to do to condemn them.

Top Bottom