Harris-Walz / Dems

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
RFK Jr. said there would be announcements of more Democrats supporting Trump. It was pretty obvious that this was coming.

So who's next? Manchin?

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
If they quit the Democrat party at the same time, then good riddance, I guess?

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I totally forgot about Sinema, but yeah that wouldn't be surprising.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
RFK Jr. said there would be announcements of more Democrats supporting Trump. It was pretty obvious that this was coming.

So who's next? Manchin?
I'd assume they've been headhunting all the low hanging fruit. Manchin and Sinema are obvious choices, but is there anyone else really?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
In fact, I would happily bet there are far more republicans bumping harris than democrats pimping for trump.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
In fact, I would happily bet there are far more republicans bumping harris than democrats pimping for trump.
If someone is doing a book, put me down for 50. I will absolutely put money on more republicans stumping for Kamala than former democrats for Trump.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I imagine most Republicans would like nothing more than to go back to the time of partisan equilibrium of the 90s when they could all pretend to be respectable and they could actually use abortion as their never-ending wedge issue.

Teufel

Citizen

not having a Palestine speaker at the convention isn't a great step and they can't really afford missteps with this...

That group, not that there's been any evidence it has any actual power or influence, has reversed itself and urged Muslims to vote Kamala. Apocalypse averted.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Either they came to their senses or it was just a publicity stunt all along.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
We're in the age where, politically speaking, the best way to get attention is to throw a temper tantrum. It was only ever a publicity stunt.

Axaday

Citizen
Newest polling moves North Carolina from likely Red to a tossup and moves New Mexico from tossup to likely Blue. Trump campaign insists that a bump after the convention is normal and nothing they need to worry about, but really there is no reason for Trump to go up and there is no reason for Harris to go down. It is only 2 months to the election and if Trump is going to have a new revelation it is going to be bad for him. I think Harris has to make a pretty big blunder to lose.

Trump shouldn't have agreed to debates. Maybe he thought he couldn't not do it. It will not help him. People worry about her not talking about policy in detail, but Trump doesn't even understand policy. She's just a lot smarter than him.

I always watch 270towin and the they've always been pretty accurate. It is maddening how many polls just predict the popular vote. They take it state by state and average different polls that come in, effectively tamping down bias. Two months before the 2020 election, they were saying it would go like it did. There may have been a state or two swing one way or the other, but the outcome was predicted and didn't fluctuate as it got closer. They had the midterm pinned down too.

Last edited:

Paladin

Citizen
60+ days is more than enough time for the Democrats to blow it.

Hell, 60-plus HOURS is probably more than enough time for Democrats to blow it...

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Right. Trump can't really go any higher or lower on his own as people already know the worst about him and still support him. What he does doesn't really matter anymore.
Harris on the other hand can go either way. She can make people like her. She can have damning stuff come out that makes people drop their support despite the alternatives.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
The only way damning stuff can come out is if she did damning stuff in the past.

I don't think we'll find skeletons labelled "rape" "fraud" "theft" or "treason" in kamala's storage room. And frankly: the blatant double standard really does need to end. The "boys will be boys" mentality that get applied to republicans at large (and like three times over to trump.) is both sickening and stupid.

Paladin

Citizen
Three years ago a fascist cheered on a violent insurrection at our Capitol after barely losing an election and not only is he NOT in jail for it he's been allowed to run AGAIN.
Meanwhile the only opposition party has been so ineffective at messaging and progress during that time that they have to work overtime to compete against him so they reach a level where all the best polls can optimistically describe the outcome of the next election as a coin toss.

I'm out of reasons to have faith in anything or anyone in this country anymore.

Axaday

Citizen
Three years ago a fascist cheered on a violent insurrection at our Capitol after barely losing an election and not only is he NOT in jail for it he's been allowed to run AGAIN.
Meanwhile the only opposition party has been so ineffective at messaging and progress during that time that they have to work overtime to compete against him so they reach a level where all the best polls can optimistically describe the outcome of the next election as a coin toss.

I'm out of reasons to have faith in anything or anyone in this country anymore.
Trump tapped very well and very hard into a nerve on millions of white men who feel like they are getting replaced. And no "leader" had had the guts to say the things that they'd been feeling for a long time. They know he has done things he shouldn't have done, but until someone else makes them feel as seen as they feel when he is talking, it will be worth the things they don't like to get that. A Democrat isn't going to break that lock. They are complicit in the "replacement". The GOP needs a voice that can make them feel seen without firing up their dark sides. I don't know whether losing to Kamala with getting the GOP to turn their back on Trump. I don't know whether Trump going to prison will get them to turn their back on him. But before a lot longer, he will go to his grave and then no one will have to suck up to him and no one will have to fear what he will say if they don't back his play. The strongest part of his base are not really far from their graves either.

Last edited:

Top Bottom