Harris-Walz / Dems

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Sorry, I mean it needs to be headline news, every night and every single time. Media needs to put a magnifier on it when it happens.

Axaday

Citizen
Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 7.57.10 PM.png

It isn't top billing, but at least for today it is way more than 10%.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
"Why isn't the media reporting on this?" says a terminally online person linking to an article on a mainstream news site.

"I know, right?" chime in all the people who don't even read the news anymore and just wait for stuff to trickle in through their social networks.

Axaday

Citizen
An older lady I know posted after Trump's win in 2016 that the Founding Fathers, in their wisdom, gave us the Electoral College to protect the nation from the cities and I hope someone gets it on video if she ever says that to James Madison's face. He's gonna be like "What????" Madison was from Virginia and didn't want the disproportionate electoral votes, but agreed to it to get the thing settled. Tell him you think the cities are going to run the table. Do it. I want to see his face. Because he never imagined that that would even be possible.

I wish some larger red states would have the guts to sign on with the Popular Vote pact. There's this modern conventional wisdom that the Electoral College is helping Republicans. Well, it helps the Republican Party, but it doesn't help Republican people. It's like people think that nothing else would change and all of the sudden the Democrats would always win when in fact so many things would change that the next few years after are impossible to predict, but what wouldn't change is that our elections are not close because there are two kind of people in roughly equal concentrations. They are close because two parties are competing fiercely and strategically to get power.

We wouldn't be hearing so much about fracking, that's for sure. It's a national issue that keeps getting talked about even thought both candidates are on the same side of the issue.... because the parties know all eyes are on Pennsylvania on election night. The winner of Pennsylvania is probably the next President. So whatever matters to Pennsylvanians is what matters and Pennsylvania cares about fracking.

Top Bottom