Harris-Walz / Dems

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
So Harris is apparently going to be interviewed on Fox News of all places which is... a choice. Granted a choice that has pissed off Trump who said the news outlet had "totally lost its way" and that it has " grown weak and soft on Democrats" and made claims that Harris spokesperson Ian Sams, “virtually owns [Fox]”

This is... still quite the choice. Despite Trumps claims I dont see Fox going softball on her. I could even see them editing it to make her look like shes struggling when shes not.

Also on her appointment list is showing up on Joe Rogan's podcast. Which is also... a choice.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
So Harris is apparently going to be interviewed on Fox News of all places which is... a choice. Granted a choice that has pissed off Trump who said the news outlet had "totally lost its way" and that it has " grown weak and soft on Democrats" and made claims that Harris spokesperson Ian Sams, “virtually owns [Fox]”

This is... still quite the choice. Despite Trumps claims I dont see Fox going softball on her. I could even see them editing it to make her look like shes struggling when shes not.

Also on her appointment list is showing up on Joe Rogan's podcast. Which is also... a choice.

I can see the strategy. It's unlikely any Fox News viewers are planning to vote for her, but could change there mind if she has a bad showing. Its possible, however unlikely, that she could pull in some fence setters with a good interview.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If nothing else, she's not deliberately showing preference to any one (kind) of broadcaster, which is a massive step up from trump whom refuses to appear on and slanders everything that isn't fox or oan.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Yeah, Rogan got to where he is now by being the embodiment of that old saying, "So open-minded that your brain falls out" and happening to have a lot of very persuasive right-wingers on in a row. I can't imagine he's turned into the kind of person who purposely puts people on his show to make them look bad.

Teufel

Citizen
I can't speak for the make up of his audience, but Joe Rogan isn't right wing and has no problem disagreeing with his guests.

Arguing with Candace Owens that climate change is real

Arguing with Dave Rubin that regulations are important (the hallmark of every right-wing conservative)

Joe Rogan arguing for universal healthcare and being willing to get taxed more for expanded health care

Joe Rogan saying pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps is "nonsense"

Etc etc etc

I'm not sure people who say this stuff have ever actually listened to him. There are some areas he lines up more with the right, but overall he's a liberal and there'd potentially be a lot of common ground with him and Kamala. Now whether it'd help I dunno, he endorsed Bernie for the 2020 primaries who came on the podcast and lefties freaked out but that was also a frothy Dem primary not a general. Kamala has been in a bubble sticking to platitudes for most of her short run and if she does that on JRE it would reinforce negative attitudes about her.

But also some of the outreach lately where she runs away from all her progressive 2020 primary positions, pals around with Liz Cheney, extols the patriotic service of Dick Cheney, maybe goes on with Rogan who unfairly though it may be is coded as a right-winger in the eyes of many on the left... eh... I dunno. There's a fine line between appearing moderate to broaden your appeal and going too far & alienating or depressing your base.

Patch

Citizen
PSA: If you see a web ad like this or anything connected to "Project 2028", it's fake. Their website, project2028.com, reads like a caricature of what right-wingers think Kamala actually supports.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241016-101743.png
    Screenshot_20241016-101743.png
    428.7 KB · Views: 3

Top Bottom