He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Greebtron

Citizen
Now we just need a "Good-lyn" figure to replicate that training scene. :LOL:
GR5hE9YXcAASLWr

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
First reveals are out for Turtles of Grayskull Year 2. Snakemen are BIG next year. Shown was a mutant Shredder and a Foot Soldier/King Hiss. Both look FANTASTIC...except for being frickin' Walmart exclusive.
New versions of the Turtles- Mike sporting some kind of capture nunchaku, while Donnie gets some weird new armor deal with bo effects pieces. Leo looks nice...but VERY similar to his first figure. Snakeman Ninjor is impressive, and I LOVE "Snake Armor" Clamp Champ.

I will update with images, but I saw the display in a live stream from Geek.Dad.Life. I'm assuming images will be out later this evening.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Oh yay, I was hoping we'd get a Year 2. I hope it's not all armor. I want more weird mutants like Ram Man.

-ZacWilliam, I like the clever combos best.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Oh yay, I was hoping we'd get a Year 2. I hope it's not all armor. I want more weird mutants like Ram Man.

-ZacWilliam, I like the clever combos best.
Shredder is a mutant snake with the fancy tail piece, while Ninjor looks like Rattlor's (200x) cousin. The heroes are the only boring ones from the few shown.

Update: Pics!

Last edited:

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Saw Ninjor and thought he was Draego Man from the MotU Classics line

Shredder is using the snake Tail from Lady Slither and the Mutant Mer-Man They seem to be holding back on a different Raph to reveal later. Also some new Cartoon Classic figures include some She-Ra characters like Mantenna and Catra with her transformed cat form as a companion piece.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Issue 3 just dropped

And here we ....go

And what experience might that be, Duncan?

In all seriousness, am I missing something here? Not sure what the takeaway is supposed to be.

Shredder is a mutant snake with the fancy tail piece, while Ninjor looks like Rattlor's (200x) cousin. The heroes are the only boring ones from the few shown.

Update: Pics!

1) Who is that black dragon?

2) RIO BLAST!!! He's going to be a damn Mattel online exclusive, isn't he?

3) WTF?

1721889275971.png

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Ninjor! Kind of a deeper cut. I honestly thought it might be a mutated Hordak because of the very similar wings to a different Hordak toy they're showing.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Ninjor! Kind of a deeper cut. I honestly thought it might be a mutated Hordak because of the very similar wings to a different Hordak toy they're showing.
It’s the same wings. Mattel reuses a LOT and it’s a testament to their design team it’s not as obvious as it could be.

I’m eagerly awaiting info on more. ToG is scratching that “2004 mainline” itch of themed heroes. Clamp Champ is amazing, and the King Hiss is fantastic (too bad it’s a Walmart exclusive). Those two are the biggest hits with me at the moment. But I also dig that Leo’s new swords are actually stylized snake hooks, further “bringing it all together” around the Snakemen theme.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I’ve been staying away from starting too many multiple lines in the same brand…but the Flying Fists He-Man looks wonderful. Like the Battle Armor figure, it has just enough new to make it pop without taking away from the original. The lion armor pieces really speaks to me. New Eternia Beast Man is a solid offering too.

Greebtron

Citizen

In all seriousness, am I missing something here? Not sure what the takeaway is supposed to be.

This is a Keldor who has defied Hordak's orders and has come back to kill his father and take the crown. Only to find Miro is missing, presumed dead (In this panel, he is hiding behind the memorial statue), his brother is King and now the twins are on their way. All perfect setup for issue 4:
tumblr_79c004a01aa1cd37c3a0a3c2cd38b895_109af29e_2048.jpg

Oh, and Marlena picks up on that comment immediately. I swear there is only one functioning brain on Eternia and she has it.
Teela.JPG

Badgertron

Citizen

2) RIO BLAST!!! He's going to be a damn Mattel online exclusive, isn't he?

3) WTF?

View attachment 22501
I saw that immediately too and was about to write it off when I saw it has a more traditional mouthplate with the accessories. But TBF I always saw the black part behind the plate as his "eyes" on the vintage toy. Did anyone else do that?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
As we wait for more reveals, preorders are out for the newest waves of Masterverse (BA Skeletor, Man at War, Snake Teela, New Eternia Merman), Origins (Cartoon Clawful, Spikor, Classic Trapjaw reissue), and Turtles (Hordak, April, Stealth Leo, Stealth He-Man). Plus Fan Channel exclusive Vypor

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I saw that immediately too and was about to write it off when I saw it has a more traditional mouthplate with the accessories. But TBF I always saw the black part behind the plate as his "eyes" on the vintage toy. Did anyone else do that?
Definitely.

And, from the show floor...

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
The official nitty gritty on the Snake Lair. Includes a comparison with Eternia which shows just how BIG it is. Grayskull is looking rather quaint after all this play set escalation. Lady Slither’s corpse is the initial backer bonus.

Also, couple of new Turtles of Grayskull figures got revealed, along with a hint of a Thundercats crossover. The new figures are clicking with me even MORE than this year’s. Again, I REALLY loved the 2004 line structure with Snakemen and the “anti-Snake” weapons and armor gimmicks, and these new figures are tripping a lot of triggers for me. 2022 was supposed to be the “year of the Snake”, but between Turtles of Grayskull and the Snake Lair, the Snakemen are going to have an amazing 2025.
So, revealed were-
Mekaneck: Featuring a new armored look, they opted to keep Mekaneck simpler. The new chest armor is fascinating, and it actually reminds me a bit of anti-gas armor. Maybe airborne mutagen or a certain smelly villain who got a new mutated design in wave 4’s mini comic?
Rattlor: There is a level of crazy here I miss from toy lines. In addition to the nice new deco and the translucent “mutation” parts, his mutant head COMES OUT OF HIS ORIGINAL MOUTH. Big plus for the 200x bull-snake throwback on the new head.
And again, the dragon motif for Ninjor is also amazing and I love what they’re doing with King Hiss. But it does feel like another figure has yet to be revealed (unless I missed it). I counted 7 basic figures, but each wave is typically 4, so there’s a reveal people have missed Or not covered.

Origins Cartoon collection will be celebrating She-Ra’s 40th Anniversary with She-Ra, Hordak, Catra and Mantenna. Filmation RamMan and Man-E-Faces are looking to round out the first half of the year.

Top Bottom