He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
A few more details about the 2025 MOTUxTMNT line from the Turtles Toy Panel today:
Line will called “Reptile Wars”, and they showed Raphael. Raphael seems to be vibing the Snake Armor He-Man look with a big ol capture claw.
Love the theming, but I think the Turtles are not as…dynamic? Themed?…as strong as the first year. Leo isn’t dramatically different, Donny has another armor thing going on, Mikey is wearing snakeskin armor, and Raph is a watered down Snake Armor He-Man. I think the Turtles in MOTU cosplay concept offered stronger theming than the new batch is providing. That’s not to say any of them are overtly “bad”, I just don’t feel the concepts are as tightly defined as we saw in 2024.
New batch of images, not only showing Raph, but good looks at the other figures due in the first half of next year.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
Reptile.wars.05__scaled_600.jpg oh my god, is Ratlor going to be okay?

Greebtron

Citizen
Since the artist Daniel HDR already has his proofs for the latest Revolution comic out in public. "Shadow Weaver" is revealed

Shadow Weaver 1.jpg
Shadow Weaver 2.jpg
Shadow Weaver 3.jpg
Shadow Weaver 4.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
That's odd. I thought it was very impressive. Then again, I wasn't going to order one and didn't see what it would do for me, and I guess that's the problem, if others had the same response. But my issues were mostly financial and space, the lair itself was quite nice!

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
And honestly the Space danger and Financial pull is a big part of peoples issues. Think about even the mega gotta get it all collectors. They need space for Grayskull, Snake Mountain, Eternia, and now they want to drop the new Snake Lair that's in between Eternia and the other two size wise. When we got the initial art we were expecting a simialr size to Grayskull or Snake Mtn. They were thinking bigger obviously in order to bring in another Eternia. Which in itself wasn't a great idea as it's not like Eternia blew through all it's goals. Adding in the vehicle is cool too, but there's another thing to inflate the price. Over all the fan base was content getting a new clamshell playset about the same size as the original two. Going big like this has many feeling like it's a bait and switch. Sure it's got everything we could want, but it's a bit too much for a lot of people to deal with.

Add in the fact that this is also a brand new set with no nostalgic ties for anyone. No one is going to get the I had this as a kid before feel. That's a factor they can't count on to push sales unlike Eternia. And even with exclusive figures what do you push. We saw the Skeletal Lady Slither which is a cool figure to push with this, but what other Snake Men can you add as incentive? Perhaps a more 200X King Hiss or make the Snake Man at Arms or Meckaneck. But we haven't seen that yet to push the hype.

So while I do think the set is cool as is, it's going to hit a lot of flak to get to funding as is. And Mattel obviously got the feedback and decided to walk it back. I think if the Fright Zone had won instead we'd have seen a bit less push back, but there was going to be a similar push back as you could tell they planned to make it bigger than the original. I don't blame Mattel for thinking big, but they obviously are pushing the envelope on what the fanbase as a whole are willing to go in on.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That's odd. I thought it was very impressive. Then again, I wasn't going to order one and didn't see what it would do for me, and I guess that's the problem, if others had the same response. But my issues were mostly financial and space, the lair itself was quite nice!

The general backlash was that the image people voted for was of a clamshell style castle like Greyskull and Snake Mountain. The kind of thing that generally goes for $120 to $160.

This prototype was a much bigger and more intricate Eternia Towers type playset that would have likely run around $300.

To a lot of folks that felt like bait and switch, or at the very least missing what the point of the vote had been.

-ZacWilliam, I thought it looked very awesome but I have no room for it and am unlikely to be in a position to drop $300, where as I might swing the 100 plus for a simpler version.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I didn't realize my space/cost issue was that common. It's honestly part of why I went with an Amazon-points Collector rather than Snake Mountain. It still had a Skeleton throne, but was a lot more compact and was functionally ten bucks.

Plus I did love the 'evil talon fighter' vibe and usually have my Battle Armor Skeleton on Grayskull's throne anyway, with the Skeleton Warriors guarding the jawbridge. I always thought he themed better, no matter what the show said.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The general backlash was that the image people voted for was of a clamshell style castle like Greyskull and Snake Mountain. The kind of thing that generally goes for $120 to $160.

This prototype was a much bigger and more intricate Eternia Towers type playset that would have likely run around $300.

To a lot of folks that felt like bait and switch, or at the very least missing what the point of the vote had been.

-ZacWilliam, I thought it looked very awesome but I have no room for it and am unlikely to be in a position to drop $300, where as I might swing the 100 plus for a simpler version.
I can’t wait for Mattel to reveal a scaled back Snake Lair and people complain how unimpressive it is compared to the one showed at SDCC :p

Top Bottom