How to survive?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
in half of the US, women don't even have that choice anymore.

Women should be able to go to their local drugstore (eg. CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, etc.) and buy these things off the shelf. There ought to be instructional YouTube videos teaching us how to do-it-yourself at home.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I can see dogs help people to survive emotionally; they do seem to be a special case.

Are cats also a special case? Cats also seem to be heavily domesticated. They are independent and they have the advantage of being easier to take care of.

I get the feeling that some dog lovers hate cats, but not the reverse.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a goofy film that I always kinda liked. It would be much more frightening if they didn't go so over the top with it. They made the orca downright psychic. The exaggeration squanders what should have been the film's selling point, which is that you don't need to exaggerate to have a story about an orca out for revenge. It's a case where realism would have been scarier.

But to be fair, in 1977 I'm not sure the filmmakers understood how close to the truth they were. They might have been trying to make a goofy horror film and accidentally made something that was way ahead of its time.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Even Kevin Costner does not want to pay child support:

Judge in Kevin Costner Divorce Shuts Down Actor’s Lawyers as He Extends $129K Monthly Child Support Payments

Baumgartner filed for divorce from the actor in May after 18 years of marriage, citing “irreconcilable differences.”

The former couple, who both requested joint custody of their three kids, Cayden, 16, Hayes, 14, and Grace, 13, have also been arguing over chid support payments.

Earlier this week, the “Bodyguard” star was ordered to pay more than double his proposed amount of child support, according to court docs obtained by Fox News.

The ruling came after Baumgartner requested $248,000 a month in child support, which the “Field of Dreams” actor claimed he couldn’t afford amid his changing job situation.

Instead, he claimed $51,940 a month was the “reasonable” amount. He also accused his former partner of requesting extra money to fund her own personal expenses like cosmetic procedures, boutique shopping, ATM withdrawals and construction loans.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Congratulations to all females and male sexual partners:

FDA approves first over-the-counter birth control pill

Use it. Woo-hoo! Bomchickawahwah!

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I don't know if it can be taught, since I didn't try to learn it properly. I didn't try any art books or videos. I just wing it.

Do you draw G1 Transformers? I’ve tried but it’s just too much work? I even looked through Simon Furman and Guido Guidi’s book on how to draw Transformers, but I lost patience with it. They make it sound and look easy but when you actually try and do it yourself, it’s not. You realize it’s very, very time-consuming and a lot of hard work and frustration. It seems like being able to draw G1 Transformers would be very satisfying if you ever get to the point of mastery.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Thats true of any art or skill. You have to train it, youre not born with innate artistic perfection. Every amazing art you see is the result of countless hours of dedicated practice and hard work.

Nothing good in life comes without effort. The sooner you learn that the sooner this thread can die.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Thats true of any art or skill. You have to train it, youre not born with innate artistic perfection. Every amazing art you see is the result of countless hours of dedicated practice and hard work.

Nothing good in life comes without effort. The sooner you learn that the sooner this thread can die.

I agree with you. I just see another way of looking at life that seems equally valid:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
a40.gif

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The oldest, largest and only surviving Wonder of the World is the Great Pyramid of Giza. I heard the mathematics of it predicted the Exodus of the Jews from Egypt, the birth of Jesus, and the crucifixion of Jesus, thousands of years before any of it happened. We still don’t know how it was built with the technology of the time, and we cannot replicate it even with our modern-day technology. Ancient Egyptians didn't have the wheel when they built the pyramids; they only had stone and copper tools. So how did they carve and move all that stone?

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
Are coyotes dangerous to adult humans? Are they a threat?
they're as potentially dangerous as any other moderately large canid, so sorta. they don't have a strong aversion to humans the way wolves do, but they're still timid towards adult humans; it's kids and pets they're more likely to go after. if they're rabid you can throw the timidity out the window, however.

they still aren't as dangerous as feral dogs, who kill more people than wolves, coyotes or any other wild canid.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Why have women always through time and memorial turned to prostitution to survive. They know the risks:

Top Bottom