IDW's Having Problems Again-Layoffs and New Bosses

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is so much sadder than the Dreamwave implosion. At least that was spectacular. This is just a humiliating death spiral that's just spiraling and spiraling and spiraling like a clogged toilet.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
But muh Tmnt and Sonic comics

and obviously all the poor people losing their jobs and needing to feed themselves and their families.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
But muh Tmnt and Sonic comics

and obviously all the poor people losing their jobs and needing to feed themselves and their families.

The licenses could be stripped from them any time and given to another company, espeically if the owners feel that, its the best thing to do and from what I understand right now, the company that has the TF license is outselling everything else in the market of US comics and if the owners of Sonic & TMMT finally awake up and see the numbers and think "Ok, something is seriously wrong with IDW, lets move our IP, to another company to avoid brand damaging actions!"

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, according to the article they still have a "President of Publishing Operations", Tara McCrillis. She used to be a Co-Publisher, until she got promoted.

So, I'm guessing they're just having one person do the job of 2 people. Which isn't great, but also isn't uncommon right now, either. But, that's just my guess. I don't know anything that it doesn't say in the article.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Why did they need a Publisher and a President of Publishing Operations?

IDW seems like a company that could be small but tried to organize like a bloated Fortune 500 company because they assumed all companies are just supposed to turn into that because because.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I mean, that's probably what IDW was asking themselves, too. Which is why they decided they only needed one of them around.

My best guess, and this is only a guess, is that the "Publisher" was dealing more with internal factors. Dealing with the actual creatives and making sure the comics got put together and shipped. While, the "President" was dealing with more external factors. Raising money from investors and trying to get new talent and negotiating new deals (probably mostly with other companies to do more Artist Editions, which IDW is pretty well known for).

Also another of the four people let go have been identified. The Marketing Manager.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I post so much bad news about IDW here. But, we finally have some good news! They finally hired a new Editor in Chief!

This replaces the old one they lost back in June. Still, they are still hiring people!

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If this CEO actually manages to turn this company around he's going to be a legend.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
At this point I just need them to release TMNT Armageddon game and everything prior to the soft reboot in their hardcover series. After that they can do what they want.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This isn't really news. And it's just a bunch of rumors and speculations, so take it with a HEAPING dollop of salt. Maybe order some fries. But, still, I found it a interesting read and analysis of the whole IDW situation.

Top Bottom