Japanese Transformers News

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Now to start a raging fan argument!

"Tanuki not Manju Netsuke" (has Optimus Prime ever been a tanuki...? Truck not Manju Netsuke doesn't quite work...)

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Oh...well...never mind then...

Edit: And Re: Powermaster Prime, I think it would work a lot better if they'd stop giving him t-rex arms. They weren't very big at first anyway but that was a product of the time and we largely overlooked really bizarre proportions in Transformers (Firecon robot modes stand out to me as I had one). In the modern day you'd think they could do a bit better. The best proportioned arms I've ever seen for the concept was my Titans Return one and he has a lot of obvious issues in other areas.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Wotofa has a video up of the recent Tokyo Toy Show.

(Sorry for not going myself but it's too hot in Japan to go travelling and there weren't any exclusive toys there that I wanted to get).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Japanese TF One merch.
Transformers-One-Official-Merch-For-Theaters-In-China-05.jpeg.jpg

Transformers-One-Official-Merch-For-Theaters-In-China-04.jpeg.jpg

Transformers-One-Official-Merch-For-Theaters-In-China-03.jpeg.jpg

Transformers-One-Official-Merch-For-Theaters-In-China-02.jpeg.jpg

Transformers-One-Official-Merch-For-Theaters-In-China-01.jpeg.jpg

There's also a Pizza Hut Japan 'promotion' that's so dialled-in, I can't be bothered to upload any pictures or copy and paste any translated text from the website:

- https://corp.pizzahut.jp/info/4093

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
From the 12th of September, if we spend ¥3,000 or more on Transformers toys at participating shops, we can get 10 more original cards as the second part of the campaign.

Screenshot_20240906_183153_Samsung Internet.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Captain-Tsubasa-x-Transformers-Collaboration-09.png

Nankatsu SC is a football team from Katsushika, Tokyo. There will be a special event featuring Transformers during the final home match of the 2024 season on Sunday, the 22nd of September at the Katsushika Ward Okuto Sports Centre Athletics Stadium, as stated here.

The event will include:

- An official Bumblebee costume will be on display during kick-off and halftime for fans to take pictures and interact with him.

- A photo-spot with a special background illustration drawn by artist Yoichi Takahashi, author of the popular football manga Captain Tsubasa (as Nankatsu SC and Katsushika city were part of the story in that manga). This special illustration features the main character Ozora Tsubasa and Convoy/Optimus Prime.

- A colour postcard of the same illustration will be given away to the first 500 people who enter to the stadium.

- A 'colouring experience' sheet will be given away to the first 500 fans who wish to participate.

- A sticker of the illustration will also be given away to all fans at the event.

- Nankatsu players will hold a 'transformation experience' with Transformers toys with all fans.

- A 'mask lottery' will be held where fans can win Nankatsu football-player and Ozora Tsubasa masks. An Optimus Prime colouring mask (the same of the upcoming Transformers 40th Anniversary expo) will be a free gift to all participants.

- A 'Transformers ONE x JUBILLY (sic) DANCE CREW' show.

- A Transformers One cardboard cutout display at the stadium, and some other activities to win Transformers One toys.

(Source: - https://www.nankatsu-sc.com/53349.html )

Captain-Tsubasa-x-Transformers-Collaboration-02.png
Captain-Tsubasa-x-Transformers-Collaboration-04.png

Captain-Tsubasa-x-Transformers-Collaboration-01.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Also, as also shown (albeit in a smaller picture) in the upcoming TF expo event post above, there will be two 'transformable' foldable boxes for sale. These types of bosses are rather common in Japan (they're for sale in places like Don Xiote or Amazon Japan and you can see branded versions even at JR train stations).
Henshin Haku.gif

These are foldable, 50-litre foldable black plastic boxes (with either Autobot and Decepticon insignias), priced at ¥7150 Yen.

(Source: - Twitter )

Here's a regular version for comparison.
32l-folding-crate-fold-up-crates.jpg

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Takara have just dropped an amazing 40th anniversary video, showing almost every TF generation or iteration. As the music is by 'Bump of Chicken", they even put in a cheeky cameo of the exclusive Optimus Prime ('designed'by one of the band members).

If it's geoblocked, the link below might work:

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...70e1c519d0188d0997639b7918993e2ff416875107ca&

Or this mirrored version at YouTube (unless it's removed).

Possible 'Panty and Stocking " homage?
Possible Panty and Stocking Easter Egg.jpg

Bump of Chicken Optimus cameo.
Bump of Chicken Cameo.jpg

Old and new?
GS20240912182126.gif

Also, the song playing is "Mayday" by Bump of Chicken. Again, apologies if the link below is geoblocked.

Last edited:

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Possible 'Panty and Stocking " homage?
If that wasn't deliberate, I'll eat my hat. And I spent last weekend hiking and camping, so my hat is kind of gross at the moment.

(It's the first half of episode 7 for anyone who's not familiar, and it also has a ton of blink-and-you'll-miss-it references to TF series of yore, so you can tell it was made by Transformers fans, but there's no way I'm linking it here, because it's the dictionary definition of NSFW. Still blows my mind that GAINAX went from Gurren Lagann to, well, that.)

So much good stuff in there. I love that they even snuck White Leo into the group shot of lions at 0:23.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Apparently, either the original G1 or possibly upcoming Missing Link prototypes were in display in Japan recently.

Screenshot202024-09-1220at209.png

image-1.png

A translation of the info card at the event is below.
In 1986, a foam prototype was made, but unfortunately product development was halted and the product was never released. Based on the materials from that time, we are considering restoring it to the Missing Link series.

The grey prototype exhibited alongside the original products this time also does not have a transformation mechanism. It is just a mock-up of the shape.

We are currently working hard to implement a transformation mechanism reminiscent of that time and a movable opening joint that represents a missing link.

Stay tuned for this unprecedented restoration project, which could be called 'Transformer archaeology'.

Thanks to Steevy Maximus for the info!

Top Bottom