Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
These madlads made the Constructicons scramble city with simple transformations, decent paint and detail and at a reasonable price. The scale makes me reluctant to pic these up but I will be looking at this set with interest.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Best I can do is Grimlock

Attachments

• 0078x5qngy1hii5otod9nj32402tcu0x.jpg
    0078x5qngy1hii5otod9nj32402tcu0x.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 27

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
I saw these pop up elsewhere and my first thought was I hope the two torso bots are flipped too.. but I honestly can't tell

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
well that sucks, I'd hoped they'd have gone the whole way with it. ... just swapping the arms for the legs feels like a half-step

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
You know what, I'm just going to say it:
I think Transformers One has an incredible unappealing art-style and aesthetic and I don't care how good the film allegedly is from the people who've seen it already, it's not visually appealing to me.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
It looks like if Prime veered closer to G1, not great, not too bad IMO. Then they decided to have weirdass lips and gigantic ugly stick of butter noses bolted onto everybody.

As for the movie I’m not convinced it’s as great as the early views are saying because nobody who gets invited to early access or attends film festivals has the balls to call out shit. probably not apocalyptically bad but not anywhere near what you’d expect listening to these people. I also don’t care about pre-war cybertron at all anymore.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I don't expect a masterpiece. I'm just hoping it's actually fun. The other movies are a dull slog because they try to hard to be serious and mature and epic, and they ended up repetitive and boring. If you've seen one, the rest are just more of the same.

Well, okay, Bumblebee was pretty good. Mostly because they turned down the scale and kept it to a smaller cast. And the cast got to actually be characters, not setpieces with one-liners.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I think Prime nailed it. The liquid metal look avoided the uncanny valley but isn't the movieverse's zillion tiny moving greebles. Sculpted lips would probably look like a ventriloquist dummy if not in 2D animation.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somehow Beast Wars managed to have faces that aren't terrifying. Today's 3D cartoons have no excuse.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
0068pOkUgy1hqvjtlw4tij31jk15onhk.jpg
0068pOkUgy1hqvmdfhfy8j315o1jk4l5.jpg
I know it's based on an Iconic American battleship but the robot mode's not really saying America to me, even with the Statue of Liberty Crown. I dunno, maybe it needs more white or a different blue?
0068pOkUgy1hqvmdf9jtrj315o1jkqnd.jpg
Never mind, that's definitely Murrican

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
There are two different but similar toylines. The international vintage boats and tanks are standalone robots who don't combine but there's a bunch of current Chinese navy boats that do.

Top Bottom