Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes. I like that feature. It's a rare case of a partner Minicon interacting in a way that actually makes sense for both characters' vehicle modes. A jet emerging from an elevator in an aircraft carrier. That's as good as it got with Armada.

And at this size, maybe Ramjet wouldn't need to fold up. It seems like the kind of gimmick Titans were made for.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Eh, Ibwouldn’t mind if it were there but nothing about previous titans told people to expect that kind of gimmickry.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Bought a knockoff FE Bulkhead. The random gold always bothered me but never enough to fix it. Pretty good toy, came with a lot of stuff and colors are on point. He doesn’t stay together as well as the original but not enough to fall apart or anything. He also has the most effective lightpiping I’ve ever seen.
IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2317.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

IMG_2319.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg
IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2322.jpeg

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
My personal aquarium’s not big enough to try floating combined mode. I may try in my parent’s massive goldfish tank if I remember to bring him along when I do maintenance.

I don’t understand what you mean by the robot mode like the Armada game…?

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
So Hasbro retooled nearly everything from the waist up with very similar in terms of function and appearance parts. Then decided the hammer was enough to justify Leader-class.

The sword rotors also bother me something fierce. It just looks wrong. Dammit Hasbro you already figured this out during Thrilling 30.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
This is all true, but unfortunately, I have a Springer problem, and as such, I am become Smithers.

1721136814175.png

I still think the hammer is dumb, though. It was dumb in the Wrecker capsule, it was dumb carrying over into the Mayhem capsule with the battlemaster guy with no supporting fiction beyond the ramblings the guys made on-stream. Stop trying to make the Wreckers Hammer happen unless you're gonna support it with actual fiction.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I drunk ordered one myself, and since my WFC Springer’s got a messed up tailfin, it’s not a total loss.

I don’t mind the hammer but not a fan of how it’s got such a short handle for the gigantic hammerhead. Ends up looking like a Looney tunes mallet. I also find the giant missile thing very obviously padding since it wasn’t even half that big in the movie. He also can’t really do anything with it.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
He doesn’t have the articulation to hold it two-handed, no. He’d at least not look like a Tom and Jerry skit though.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Looks pretty cool and is 5mm peg compatible. It's uncharacteristically good for a Fans Hobby release. Don't like the colorless clear but I might just buy this one.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If they make a solid color version or a Dark Saber, I'm interested.

Just remembered how many versions of that team were released. They could milk the hell out of this thing.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They showed off a clear red version that I guess is supposed to be the evil version since they posed it with Armada Nemesis Prime. I know the evil Star Saber had different colors for the toy but I don't remember the cartoon, maybe it was the same but with red light IDK. And yeah, early feedback is that the clear plastic makes it flimsy.

I saw some local preorders for the T-Spark items. Took one look at the page and promptly ordered the Zoids. IDW Rodimus is nice, but not high-end Japanese figure nice, especially with how my opinions on IDW1 eventually settled. Don't really care about Braves other than train guy and lion-subway-stealth bomber-drill guy. The zoids are fairly compact and cheap compared to the HMM versions, which fits more with my interest levels for them.

While I was there, ordered a Studio Series 86 Optimus. It's not too expensive and I can always flip it if I don't end up liking it.

Top Bottom