Misc. European politics

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
vlcsnap-2022-09-26-06h26m08s972.png

Anonymous X

Citizen
See, if the centre-left Democratic Party and the Five Star Movement had acted sensibly and kept their tentative alliance, and ideally if the liberals hadn’t petulantly split from the centre-left, the right-wing coalition wouldn’t have won. Or they’d have only narrowly won. The right-wingers have got a big majority mostly due to the new Italian electoral system (mostly FPTP seats, far less proportional) working so strongly against the centre-left and liberals all splitting each other’s votes.

The only consolation is that the right-wing coalition still don’t have the 2/3 majority needed to tear up Italy’s postwar constitution. Hopefully the opposition parties will learn a hard lesson too.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
i guess no matter where you go in the world, white boomers are the stupidest, most evil ************s imaginable who actively want to ruin and endanger their grandkids' lives as much as possible before they do us all a favor and finally have the decency to ******* die.

Last edited:

Anonymous X

Citizen
IMG_5330.jpeg

Provisional results. Not exactly the far-right takeover some media are claiming, once all the countries participating are totalled up.

MrBlud

Citizen
A LOT of this is just basic racism.

It’s a great system the Oligarchs have set up. They funnel money to themselves, blame the resulting downward squeeze on wages, homes, and healthcare on minorities. Then use that misplaced rage to increase the power of their candidates…to further funnel money to themselves, blame the resulting downward squeeze on wages, homes, and healthcare on minorities. Then use that misplaced rage to increase the power of their candidates…

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, I was hoping it was just the populace trying to send a message, and not the general consensus of the population.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
That's good to hear. Hopefully the US can have similar results to the UK and France this November and keep the fascist elements at bay for a bit longer.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
One state in germany did, by a very small margin and their government is coalition based meaning they STILL won't be in power. Did you even read the article?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Bad, but not staggeringly bad. He did only win by a small margin so hopefully that state decides against him in the next election.

Top Bottom