Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Uh, how?

Also the turtles can't kill while the Leaf village kids are stone cold murderers.
IMG_3231.jpeg

IMG_3232.jpeg

IMG_3233.jpeg

IMG_3234.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3236.png

🤔

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Uh, how?

Also the turtles can't kill while the Leaf village kids are stone cold murderers.

Honestly, I do kind of want to learn the story of how this crossover came to be. Because that must have been an interesting series of conversations between companies.

As for the mechanics of how it'd work, I'm guessing either time travel via Renet or Trans-Dimensional Gateway to another dimension. The Turtles have access to EVERY toy in the box. I'd lean towards interdimensional portal, but who knows?

And yes, I DO think the TMNT could take place in Naruto's future (at least in a variant dimension like with the Power Rangers crossovers). Just make Kaguya and the Otsutsuki Clan responsible for bringing mutagen to this world instead of the Utrom. I mean, this is probably not going to be "canon" anyway. Why not? If you REALLY wanted to tie it into IDW continuity, you could even make Kaguya and Kitsune rivals, or something.

And, yeah, I'm betting they'll either be fighting an army of White/Black Zetsu or robots. (Or White Zetsu robots). Just to keep things PG.

Robots are "canon" to Naruto, after all.

Sure, he's originally from a video game, but that's about the level of canon I expect from this crossover.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I remember that Mecha Naruto ep, haha

The article stated that April O'Neil wanted to do an interview so that makes it the cartoon continuity of kid friendly, no killing turtles.

Either way, the Naruto team is way overpowered. What would the turtles bring to the table?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
True but it's usually the kid friendly, no kill turtles version when she becomes a reporter.
OG toon (started it all)
Live action movie (got attacked by Foot)
Live action movie modern (Megan Fox)
Rise (investigates the school)
Mutant Mayhem (vomits on cam)

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Issue 1 is out today. It's all Raph , which I respect. The next issue is going to be Mikey and drops in September. So I guess this will be every other month, which is probably a good thing if I'm also going to be getting the Nightwatcher spinoffs.

Anyway, very good start.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Guess that makes TMNTAdventures the outlier.
TMNT Adventures turtles, I remember Leo being against guns, since that cowboy Kid Terra shot a sentient fish.

But the team killed the Gang of Four once they realized they were just fancy robots and not humans.

Edit - oh, Raph shot Manx in the Cyber Armor Future turtles arc. I think he was suppose to be dead but Don just rebuilt him and changed his personality.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Huzzah?

View attachment 21459

Some people saying it looks smaller than the original, though.

View attachment 21460

Here's the original, for comparison:

View attachment 21461

View attachment 21462
Y'all need to stop posting things that wind up costing me money! Where the heck am I supposed to put this? I have NO display space. Gah!

But yeah, I preordered this. I may have to clear off space and put it next to Greyskull.

I'm beginning to think maybe there was a reason I never got play-sets as a kid.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
In relation to that TMNT x Naruto crossover, I am getting increasingly tired of the bitching from "those fans" whenever April has a slight color variation to her skin tone.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
056E2A18-8E19-4F6A-9392-8D1074B48543.jpeg

One more Turtle down and one to go. Any suggestions for finishing off the team?

-ZacWilliam, I'm leaning towards Ghostbusters Leo but if anyone knows another 1980s property crossover that might work better let me know.

3D229126-4ACA-40E2-B4B8-59AEA1C3F4F0.jpeg

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Hmm...I mean, you could always go another way with it and use Universal Monsters Black Lagoon Leo as your "monster of the week" they're all fighting.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
In relation to that TMNT x Naruto crossover, I am getting increasingly tired of the bitching from "those fans" whenever April has a slight color variation to her skin tone.
I haven't seen any April pictures, but if you're talking about when people are "bitching" when she gets race-swapped, people generally seem fine when fans of a franchise start "bitching" over a race-swap that goes the other direction.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
{snip Caldwin}

That's a False Equivalency.

Mainly because white characters were for so long, due to social issues of the stories and creators involved, the default "normal" in comics and cartoons. They far outnumber characters of other ethnicities to an extreme and unrealistic degree.

Changing one of many characters whose race is not an intricate part of their character from white to another ethnicity increases the diversity, breath and frankly realism of the work and the comic or cartoon medium as a whole.

Turning a rare character of another ethnicity white would be decreasing the already stupidly low diversity of the show/book/medium and flattens out unique voices and diversity.

-ZacWilliam, those situations are not the same and it's foolish or dishonest to pretend they are.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
That feeling when you really want to go off, but then you just know it'll all get busted down to "this really should be in P&R.

But before that happens, **** your double standard. And yes, it's a double standard. Calling it anything else is foolish and dishonest. You want more representation, make your own characters: Blade, Blue Beetle, Baxter Stockman, Black Panther, etc.

I haven't exactly been putting every single character of every single ethnicity on a scale to see who outweighs whom, but what exactly are you sayin? Are you saying that in order to equalize things you have to take away from one side because you're just not creative enough to create your own to add to the other?

But mostly, yeah, **** your double standard.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm saying correcting a social imbalance is a good thing. Making it worse is not.

-ZacWilliam, more diversity is always better and making a few of these important characters whose ethnicity is otherwise not important to their characterization more diverse is a very good thing, even if it scares or angers some.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
TMNT Adventures turtles, I remember Leo being against guns, since that cowboy Kid Terra shot a sentient fish.

But the team killed the Gang of Four once they realized they were just fancy robots and not humans.

Edit - oh, Raph shot Manx in the Cyber Armor Future turtles arc. I think he was suppose to be dead but Don just rebuilt him and changed his personality.
Yep.

And, most relevant to this whole line of thought, is that April was a reporter in this one.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
You want more representation, make your own characters: Blade, Blue Beetle, Baxter Stockman, Black Panther, etc.
I just want to point out that such a new character was created as an additional ally of the Turtles, it's just that no one really uses this character anymore in any meaningful way, making them ripe for untapped potential in new TMNT projects: Carter.

Top Bottom