Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Seems some other panels were had with TMNT figure news.

received_856840472976273.jpeg

received_1869229180154747.jpeg

Really looking forward to 4Kids Shredder. But on the fence about 2012 turtles. I already have the Revoltechs and love them very much but these might be more aesthetically pleasing (but lack the awesome eye posability)

Blot

Citizen
It's kind of crazy that NECA managed to find a way to give us "Animated" Wyrm before Archie Wyrm.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Well, my Super 7 Ultimates Karai shipped from BBTS. Ever notice how preorders always seem to ship when you're already short and just nervously trying to make it until payday?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_3250.jpeg

This just arrived from BBTS. I tried to get it from Amazon, but after having it pre-ordered for months, they somehow ran out of stock And cancelled the order. So BBTS wound up getting my money for this one.

IMG_3252.jpeg

So...many...accessories!! 🤩

IMG_3253.jpeg

I wanted to do an archery pose just because I love archery poses. But I'm afraid this particular set of hands limits the posing to just the bow and arrow while I can use other hands and mix and match posings with all the other weapons she came with.

So anyway, serious kick ass Karai figure! I'm glad I fought the temptation to get that Last Ronin Karai and saved my money for this because it was so worth it!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Likewise, my Classic Rock Leo came in and he is absolutely gorgeous! His joints are just the right type of tight and his accessories all serve a purpose.

20240803_000407.jpg

Hes also covered in paint aps. The original figure was the first toy I remeber becoming aware of the paint technique on toys ( that jeans texture was awesome!) so I'm glad to see that represented here. He has a molded-in pocket harmonica thats fully painted and its mind boggling. I cant wait for the rest of this set to be released/revealed.

The entire time since I opened him, I had this swimming thru my head...

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 22799

This just arrived from BBTS. I tried to get it from Amazon, but after having it pre-ordered for months, they somehow ran out of stock And cancelled the order. So BBTS wound up getting my money for this one.

View attachment 22800

So...many...accessories!! 🤩

View attachment 22801

I wanted to do an archery pose just because I love archery poses. But I'm afraid this particular set of hands limits the posing to just the bow and arrow while I can use other hands and mix and match posings with all the other weapons she came with.

So anyway, serious kick ass Karai figure! I'm glad I fought the temptation to get that Last Ronin Karai and saved my money for this because it was so worth it!

That box style and logo...

Is this meant to be like an updated version of a hypothetical '87 Playmates toy Karai that we never got?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I was kinda wondering myself what version of Karai this was. The outfit is very close to what she wears in Shredders Revenge except black is one of the alt-colors. She also wears something similar in 2003, except that version sports the Foot symbol on the chest. I'm having trouble finding a completely 1:1 comparison.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Woah, wait, what? Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has alre dropped on Paramount +? Guys, why didn't you tell me?

Well, I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I watched the first four episodes of Tales so far. I'll probably continue watching it. It's better than Rise. It's less "Concentrated ADHD" as I'm fond of saying. But here's the thing.

I've watched sword ninja TMNT. I've watched laser-gun space TMNT. I've watched serious TMNT. I've watched goofy TMNT. I've watched family friendly TMNT. I've watched bloody AF TMNT.

I have to be honest. I prefer my TMNT serious. I can go for the other extremes (swords/laserguns, family friendly/bloody AF) and not really care which I get. I can even go for slice of life or fighting to avert the end of the world or anywhere in between. But on the scale of serious to goofy, I've just always preferred mine serious. It's probably why I like 2003 and 2012 so much.

So yeah, I'm sure I'll continue watching it. But I don't see it going down as one of my favorite series.

Top Bottom