Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Lately I realized that I had a distinct deficiency of Splinter in my collection, so I got this.

IMG_2609.jpeg

And out of the box.

IMG_2610.jpeg

And here's my Splinter collection so far.

IMG_2611.jpeg

At some point I'd like to get another normal, basic Splinter. But Mutant Mayhem is not it.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I haven't seen anyone else reply so I'll just jump in and say I have no idea.

I don't usually pay much mind to Build-A-Figures. I have a complete Marvel Legends Mojo and a Ghost Busters hell hound. That's really it.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I may just have to get that. Two-Bad was already one of my favorite toys. Mixing Rock and Bop with that sounds really cool.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_2616.jpeg

Raph on a motorcycle...yeah, I had to get it.
IMG_2619.jpeg

It comes with a helmeted head, but the normal head is on so tight that I didn't want to risk it.

IMG_2617.jpeg

And this is why every TMNT collection needs an Alopex.

IMG_2618.jpeg

And a Jennika.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Added the new larger NECA toon Slash to my Slash collection. Now I can rebox the BST AXN crappy one and never have to look at it again. I only got it because I missed out on the original NECA toon Slash and never expected a new one.

Now, I just need to find one of the 40th anniversary Playmates reissues and maybe pick up a Turtles in Time Slash if I find it cheap enough.

IMG_5266.jpeg

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I finished Tales last night.
So I watched the first four episodes of Tales so far. I'll probably continue watching it. It's better than Rise. It's less "Concentrated ADHD" as I'm fond of saying. But here's the thing.

I've watched sword ninja TMNT. I've watched laser-gun space TMNT. I've watched serious TMNT. I've watched goofy TMNT. I've watched family friendly TMNT. I've watched bloody AF TMNT.

I have to be honest. I prefer my TMNT serious. I can go for the other extremes (swords/laserguns, family friendly/bloody AF) and not really care which I get. I can even go for slice of life or fighting to avert the end of the world or anywhere in between. But on the scale of serious to goofy, I've just always preferred mine serious. It's probably why I like 2003 and 2012 so much.

So yeah, I'm sure I'll continue watching it. But I don't see it going down as one of my favorite series.

This opinion has not changed. I mean, it was okay in that adequate sort of way. But I think I'm ready for another more serious TMNT series.

Deathy G1

Citizen
So I finished Tales last night.

This opinion has not changed. I mean, it was okay in that adequate sort of way. But I think I'm ready for another more serious TMNT series.
I feel like if we went down the serious road again, it would need to be a complete reboot with no stories based (however loosely) on the Mirage comics. We have seen several adaptations of many storylines now. It’s time for something new.

Alternatively, I’d be on board with an actual 1:1 Mirage adaptation. Problem is, that would need to be on something like Paramount Plus only (if they even would do something like Max would do).

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_2636.jpeg

Target haul for today.

IMG_2638.jpeg

It certainly has a good number of accessories. I love that we f got a palm tree for him. But there's no kris sword, which was pretty disappointing. So I'll probably keep him weaponless for now.

IMG_2640.jpeg

Adventures version is still my favorite.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I'm not sure what all is in the new series. But Target did have a few new things: this, Adventures Mondo Gecko and a Mirage Karai dressed as Shredder. I also saw a Funko Pop Spirit Splinter from the movie, a couple vehicles and some new kids toys.

So, yeah, a lot of new stuff at Target to look through.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not sure what all is in the new series. But Target did have a few new things: this, Adventures Mondo Gecko and a Mirage Karai dressed as Shredder. I also saw a Funko Pop Spirit Splinter from the movie, a couple vehicles and some new kids toys.

So, yeah, a lot of new stuff at Target to look through.
Oh, I thought you were saying you watched the new cartoon.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Oh, that! Yeah, I finished watching it. So...yeah...it's out. It's actually been out for a few weeks on Paramount Plus.

It's okay. I'm sure others will love it. But honestly for me it was just "fine."

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_2651.jpeg

Today's haul, I got another Karai.

IMG_2652.jpeg

There's a decent number of accessories. But she doesn't have any sheaths/scabbards or anything to hold the weapons. So I just chose to have her hold the sword and put the others in my things bin. I do like the Shredder helmets. I may actually have to switch them out on occasion.

IMG_2653.jpeg

Here's my collection of Karai. I think the Super 7 is still my favorite at the moment. But I really do like this one.

IMG_2654.jpeg

Comparison with Saki.

Top Bottom