Nobody has the intention to invade Ukraine

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
On reflection, I think I might have overestimated what Russia can already do to us. I'd always just kind of taken it as a given that they have missiles capable of launching from somewhere within Russia and flying far enough to hit major US population centers, and that they've had such missiles since at least the onset of the Reagan era. But maybe that was just something I extrapolated from vague Cold War doomer propaganda.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh no, they absolutely had rockets and missiles that can reach the US. No point making nukes if you have to walk them in.

And the US has the means to shoot them down before they get over the US. Russian missile technology has not notably improved since the fall of the soviet union, but american missile defense sure as hell has.

Hell, the US shot down a satelite using a stock anti-ship missile, launched from a boat. And that was in the 90s.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Well then I really don't understand what Putin is seeking to accomplish by threatening to give some of them to other countries that happen to be physically closer to us. Maybe he just thinks we're morons?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He thinks it's still 1964 and the threat alone is enough. So yeah: he thinks the entirety of the world is as dumb as the russian masses.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Welp, might as well reciprocate.

Like we needed an excuse at any point in the last ten years.

Anonymous X

Citizen
You can’t negotiate with fascists.

Top Bottom