[OOC] STOMP Remembrance Project

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
we seemed to mostly all find ways of either avoiding the dnd trope of "going home" in one way or another or at least subverting expectations

Well, "home" was different STOMP compared to Mey Hem. Nobody originated from Caballuston whereas a chunk of the cast in Mey Hem came from the OPD.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
In the "things not used" column, I'm glad I backed off from the plan to use Sunny Swamp more after he was initially stated to be from there. Even initially planned for Sunny Swamp to be a portion of the Snow Shark nightmare before that fell apart.

And then a lightning strike deleted Night Cap's only mention of the place anyway. Even Zeus is rooting for this retcon.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That wouldn't be his style though. His lies are always literally true.

He'd be dangerous in Marketing.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I'm trying to think of any time where Static outright lied. The only time I can readily think of him even being remotely deceptive was early on when he was setting up a sting for Dazzling. Even then it seemed more like really being careful of his words than actually lying.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I didn't state it at the time but the conversation between Rhapsody and Splash Flaunt was my second favorite Rhapsody moment. The problem with keeping everything close to the vest is people not knowing what you're thinking.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
Maple over here just being a goofball to keep kids from freaking out, while Rhapsody's in the hospital going all speciesist on her because of her canterlot crime alley back story

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The two campaigns have given me plenty of time to think about team composition and communication (and I'm still not sure I have answers). I've honestly been contemplating bumping the RPG thread in Fun and Games but I doubt conversation will stem from it. More things need to be worked out between players ahead of time.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It sounds like something play by post campaigns can skip, but I guess there's still something extra that a session zero provides.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
I mean yeah it doesn't have to be an actual sitdown thing... maybe just a google Doc where the players list important things they want the other players to be aware of about their own character. for example

Maple: Rents a room in a candy shop in town, also a professional wrestling champion. Not just Small for her age -she's a runt, and while a Pegasus - not the best flier... at most her tiny wings keep her buzzing along the ground at a low hover. She will hug you. best get use to it. She has an off-white/eggshell coloured coat and a wild mane of thick deep red hair that almost reaches the ground when dry and curly... and drags underhoof if wet and straight. She was hired for the keep as a tour guide because of her photographic Memory and keen sense of direction... plus it was the one job that could best utilize her borderline annoying gift of gab. she will talk your ears off before,during and after the previously mentioned huggings. She is determined to be your friend.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I do think a session zero (or maybe just a "by the way you realize") might've helped with initial expectations from those of us who had only done 'kill everything and loot the bodies' before. Like, one of the things I was truly wondering while being taken to task for Silent Belle was "but then how do I get money for new updated swag?"

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair, Night Cap also thought there would be a lot more looting. He just wasn't violent about it.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Well, I mean, how are you supposed to loot without violence? That just doesn't make any sense.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Skills.
b03.png

Top Bottom