Police behaving badly

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Frankly the entire department and the DA should be removed from their positions. Not ONLY are they bringing up stupid charge but they ALSO were caught falsifying reports...... The kid doesn't even speak English or Spanish. Finding a competent translator for him in the US will likely prove tricky. Mayan languages are largely limited to the Yucatan Peninsula.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
You know, it's the classic police-related story; victim of crime rings police, police arrive and violently attack victim, arrest victim, lie about it, get exposed by police body-cam and get sentenced.

Just a standard day when dealing with the police...

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, welcome to the canadian prairies. The indigenous were here first, but damned if they'll be treated like people. The population is very americanized out there, if you understand what I mean.

There's a big old garbage dump, which is being targeted for investigation because both indigenous groups, families, and even the federal government suspect there are the remains of indigenous people in it. Manitoba, until the recent civic election outright refused to have the dump searched: not because they thought there wasn't a problem, but because searching the dump wound end in opening a giant sized can of worms that both the city and the province have no interest in dealing with.

I mean "Okay, we found the remains of three people. Yup! Wrong three people though", rinse and repeat until they've tossed, sorted and cleaned the entire ******* dump.

Canada is still treating the indigenous peoples so god damned badly, and the looming threat of a tory mandate is just worse days on the horizon.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'd rather he be fired and his certifications revoked. By quitting, he can just run off and get another job at any other cop shop. The only real consequence comes when your creds are taken. That's punishment. This is letting him run away from the spotlight, nothing more.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Which is why he resigned before they could fire him. Or be pressured into firing him, since it's not like Florida of all states would give a flying shot about this otherwise.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
An acorn just hit my roof as I was starting to type this post. I managed not to ventilate my roof.

Did this man attend police academy? Was live fire training an optional course? If you've ever heard live gunfire at the range this idiot thought he heard it, it should be pretty hard to mistake anything else for it. Guns are loud.

Okay, he was responding to a report that did indicate that the suspect had a suppressor. Even then, unless the suspect had a Welrod that's still going to be louder than an acorn. Anyone who wants to be a cop in Florida ought to be taught what a suppressed gunshot actually sounds like. It's not that quiet.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'd rather he be fired and his certifications revoked. By quitting, he can just run off and get another job at any other cop shop. The only real consequence comes when your creds are taken. That's punishment. This is letting him run away from the spotlight, nothing more.
"You can't fire me, I quit" is such a cliché that it never occurred to me that there might be benefits to doing it beyond reassuring one's fragile ego. Are there any situations where you can actually refuse to let someone quit so you can fire them? I feel like in any situation where it makes this much of a difference, there ought to be.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
"You can't fire me, I quit" is such a cliché that it never occurred to me that there might be benefits to doing it beyond reassuring one's fragile ego. Are there any situations where you can actually refuse to let someone quit so you can fire them? I feel like in any situation where it makes this much of a difference, there ought to be.
I believe you can just file the paperwork as a termination rather than a voluntary exit.
More to the point, I'm willing to bet that, if the department wanted to, they could file with the accreditation board to yank his credentials even though he quit. They won't because he's saved them the headache, but they probably could.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen

Top Bottom