Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Saturday BotCon haul!
IMG_20240629_173350802.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Tank Unicron is a bonkers idea that works because of his backstory. Wasn't it that some small part of Unicron survived his destruction at the end of Energon, so he was regular Transformer sized, and he had to basically CONSUME to get big again?

I like to think of him more as a Avatar, a powerful dark god, would still need a backup plan for should something go wrong with the main body or at least to be able to inspect it after consuming whatever number of planets & moons, for we know, it could of been the first thing Unicron created after getting imprisoned in the asterorid and used it as a means to aid the shaping of the main body, but unlike Primus who gave life to his creations, this body is just an extention of his power as evil cannot create anything new, they can only corrupt and ruin what good forces have invented or made

CrockAlley

Citizen
40th Anniversary photoshoot: Robots in Disguise (2001)

This was a very exciting toyline at the time, with its new combiners, repaints of older toys I didn't own, sub-factions, and all the different sizes. I never got around to buying a Sky-Byte (I had originally bought BW TM Cybershark as a stand-in), so that's a big hole in my RiD collection.

6vrdxUd.jpeg

782Rdcqh.jpeg

zMD2aE5h.jpeg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Been working on my new custom WfC seeker to give Hotlink a third member to his squad. I like all my seekers to be in squads of 3.
GfFeLiT.jpg

Now I just need to come up with names for Sparkless Seeker and my custom.
u77NDp4.jpg
Well... after seeing some other customs on Discord that people have done with their extra Sparkless Seekers, I realize mine was way too plain. I've decided to do a more aggressive repaint on mine in lieu of what I've shown above. I've started by painting the entire body with a metallic black paint. I'm now going to start adding Lavender-ish, Red, and Silver accents to bring out a whole new character. DarkStorm will be her name.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I really loved the Deluxe class figures we got out of the Legacy G2 capsule. The unreleased decos. The ToyHax sets that were made for them? Not so much. In addition to mummifying the toys in stickers... the designs just weren't very good. They often replicated the themes of the original deco but turned the dial up to 11. Which maybe appeals to some people, but not me. I liked the decos as we got them!

But for all the shortcomings of the ToyHax sets... the smaller detail stickers were fantastic. And after biting the bullet on sets where I wouldn't use the majority of stickers in each one.... yeah they look nice if you just keep to the finer details. Most of the nonsense behind their new decos? pfft I tossed that money down the drain. But I really like how HASBRO's decos look with just a little bit of extra pop from ToyHax's sets.

KZGeWos.png

rUVZc87.png

And here's a Jazz comparison...

0QJe8vA.png

U4FC8gV.png

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
You cannot imagine how displeased I was when they did *their* G2 Jazz set for SS86 Jazz. I had even obtained an additional SS86 Jazz for the inevitable set.

A set I KNEW was going to be excessive, but I didn't think they get it absolutely wrong.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
You cannot imagine how displeased I was when they did *their* G2 Jazz set for SS86 Jazz. I had even obtained an additional SS86 Jazz for the inevitable set.

A set I KNEW was going to be excessive, but I didn't think they get it absolutely wrong.
With the G2 decos, the craziness was already there. ToyHax seems to think they need to use the actual deco's craziness as a baseline for even more craziness, and it's like... no. No. The actual decos are perfectly fine. I'm a huge fan of synthwave, vaporwave, that whole scene. And the decos Hasbro gave us were perfect! I just needed the sets for a few small details to pick out to make everything pop a bit more. I didn't need their over-designed toy wraps.

ofc I could say I wasted the money, and I kinda did... but I do like how they look with the detailed bits here and there, so if I'm happy then... yeah it was worth it.

I just wish ToyHax would realize that less is more sometimes. Especially with G2 decos where the "more" is already built into the base concept. You don't need more on top of the more that's already there!

Top Bottom