Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I'll take Tarn as the Joker over "Tarn, commandant of Space Auschwitz"
I’ve excised most IDW influence on my shelf-canon since it went to crap rapidly towards the end. Far earlier than that, I just decided that Tarn is robo-Tom Hardy Bane. The Decepticon Jobber Dudes ended up being just that and their story arc sucked.

Anyway, the toy. The tolerances are decent and the transformation is interesting but unfortunately leaves the arms exposed and the chestplate needed more clearance for transformation and likes to pop off. It really needed that pin more than the hands. The thin guns or antennae on his back also like to pop off at any movement. Really good articulation but the fusion cannons really restrict arm movement by colliding with the shoulder treads.
IMG_2767.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

Tank mode is a brick. It doesn’t even have the customary tiny rolling wheels in the treads but it does have static versions of them molded in which reeks of budget cuts. It’s overall alright and the darker colors do help hide the hands better. Unpainted tread insides suuuuuck with how many there are.
IMG_2766.jpeg

I’m a fan of the colors in theory. The color changes lean towards a darker color scheme in general which I think fits for the character. The shift of black to dark blue is something i could get behind and the silver to dark gunmetal with the slightest tinge of purple works. Lightening the purple contrasts well with the dark color scheme and helps the mask pop. I don’t like the color distribution though, since it ends up with large swathes of a single color. The red line on the faceplate also looks like Jigglypuff started singing, Tarn fell asleep and it drew on his mask. It looks as dumb as does the paint scheme trying its hardest to pretend the area below it isn’t the same mask. The sword is whatever, it doesn’t really fit his image but I’ll take it.

Probably, I’ll add some of the details from OG Tarn and remove the dumb Jombler cosplay.

I can’t really recommend him since he only comes in a multipack and is based on a minor character (arguably the comic version is too). With a reissue of IDW Tarn coming, I’d give him a provisional recommendation. If you like the different colors or the other toys in the 4-pack, Tarn won’t let you down but he won’t be moving units either.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Here’s the other guy from the 4-pack I’m keeping. Cliffjumper’s great. new head is Prime Cliffjumper with a nose but I always liked how aggressive Prime Cliffjumper’s head design was, so this is a huge pro for me. Colors look about right eyeballing it though I wonder if coloring the headlights and taillights in a different color would provide more visual flair. The red is vibrant and the metallic gunmetal they use really pops. Transformation is clever if a little fiddly and a bit scary with how tight the car panels with the pipes have to be pressed in place. Articulation is standard with no real deficiencies or standouts to note but his hands are on hinges for no apparent reason, allowing them to tilt inwards. Maybe for a zombie remold? Wish they could have included the headlight belt somehow but this works as my generations Cliffjumper since I don’t like straight repaints much. The bull horns and headlights ending up on his shins aren’t accurate but the cleverness of how they get there are worth it. I do worry about the horns snapping off though.
IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2762.jpeg

he comes with all of Chase’s stuff in clear gray. I didn’t use the grabby claws and the round light thing but they’re in the box. The large square piece and the rectangular light can make an approximation of the three barreled guns Cliffjumper had in Prime but because it slips over his hand instead of replacing them, it looks a bit oversized and goofy.
IMG_2761.jpeg

vehicle mode is a red car. No idea on the model but he rolls well, is well-detailed and features a ton of weapon attachment points. Rear end has no dedicated detailing and is clearly robobutt though.
IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg

Overall, I like him. Didn’t buy Chase but the mold itself is good and this version is a decent option. Can’t give it an easy recommendation since he comes with three other dudes but I feel he’s worth his part of the price tag.
IMG_2765.jpeg

Last edited:

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
I wish that set was out around here... my trus are still pushing that buzzworthy bumblebee heroes of Cybertron cyberverse 3 pack

needs me a squeezeplay

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I've been seeing a lot of people (not just in this fandom) recently getting very depressed that things they liked as a kid are hitting their 40-50th anniversary. I don't see the issue, I think it's great that things have lasted this long, but I decided to help!

This comic made with environmentally friendly 100% recycled art!

53968551802_4f6beab480_h.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As it tends to be when this sort of concern comes up, it's less about the anniversary and more "where has the time gone." It's a big number, one where the memento moris ring clearer and the expectations that are tied to age nag just a bit more. And hell, after the weird time hole that was the last four years, that vibe has just gotten worse.

But seeing a Botbot helps.

CrockAlley

Citizen
40th Anniversary photoshoot: Universe/Time Hopping, and Post-Beast Era Beasts

Unverse (2003), Transtech, Robotmasters, Cloud, TransTech, Beast Wars Uprising, The Wreckers (BotCon story).

This toy bin was partially sorted by storyline, so there's some various Beast Machines/RID figures from the Wreckers/Universe story, and various figures that appeared in TransTech, etc.

vIcNZCC.png

More photos behind the spoiler:

PA6gtTa.jpeg

Ww4pQmJ.jpeg

Ag5eW5z.jpeg

V3VMHqs.png

o7noOF7.jpeg

3Lq8ZEO.jpeg

eEVuCqW.jpeg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Oh wow, that is AWESOME!

And re: the weird rant, what actually happened was on a different board I read for news but refuse to post on, someone was basically having a fit saying that Transformers Crossovers were making everything worse because it kept saying how old certain franchises are. And while I didn't break my 'don't post to the angry people' rule, I just thought "But your fandoms are doing SO MUCH better than so many others...". Seriously, when's the last time you saw a Starrior for sale? I loved their cobra base...

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I got a pretty good deal on a set I didn't want... that being the Miner Megatron and Sentaor Ratbat set. I donno. Orion Pax and Senator Shockwave was fun, but I preferred the Senator Ratbat from the old Generations Scourge and Miner Megatron was another reuse of a mould I've seen enough but... a good deal's a good deal?
Actually the reason I snatched it up was that, at the price I got it at, it became doable to try something out. I ripped Miner Megs' head off, used rubbing alcohol to clean off his caution striping, and stuck it on my cleaned up and stickered up Siege Megs. And you know what? It works as an alternate head. A sort of "G1 toy via Marvel Comics" look.

XJAGQ3Z.jpg

R5YyELM.jpg

uuJcBPX.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Here’s the other guy from the 4-pack I’m keeping. Cliffjumper’s great. new head is Prime Cliffjumper with a nose but I always liked how aggressive Prime Cliffjumper’s head design was, so this is a huge pro for me. Colors look about right eyeballing it though I wonder if coloring the headlights and taillights in a different color would provide more visual flair. The red is vibrant and the metallic gunmetal they use really pops. Transformation is clever if a little fiddly and a bit scary with how tight the car panels with the pipes have to be pressed in place. Articulation is standard with no real deficiencies or standouts to note but his hands are on hinges for no apparent reason, allowing them to tilt inwards. Maybe for a zombie remold? Wish they could have included the headlight belt somehow but this works as my generations Cliffjumper since I don’t like straight repaints much. The bull horns and headlights ending up on his shins aren’t accurate but the cleverness of how they get there are worth it. I do worry about the horns snapping off though.
View attachment 23190
View attachment 23192
he comes with all of Chase’s stuff in clear gray. I didn’t use the grabby claws and the round light thing but they’re in the box. The large square piece and the rectangular light can make an approximation of the three barreled guns Cliffjumper had in Prime but because it slips over his hand instead of replacing them, it looks a bit oversized and goofy.
View attachment 23191
vehicle mode is a red car. No idea on the model but he rolls well, is well-detailed and features a ton of weapon attachment points. Rear end has no dedicated detailing and is clearly robobutt though.
View attachment 23193
View attachment 23194
Overall, I like him. Didn’t buy Chase but the mold itself is good and this version is a decent option. Can’t give it an easy recommendation since he comes with three other dudes but I feel he’s worth his part of the price tag.
View attachment 23195
I'd definitely want to get this, if he were sold by himself.

Even though I already have Chase, and almost never get shared molds.

Not that I necessarily don't want the other three figures, but... budget and space concerns and all.

Alas...

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Calcitron is… okay. Mentioned the tolerances in earlier posts but they were mostly fixable with a little breaking in and floor polish. Except for his stupid detachable arms. Colors work well as an arctic themed deco but I don’t know how well that translates to a character made of rock. Would have preferred a slate gray or dark blue instead of the sky blue base plastic color we got. New head is good, and I think works better than the “regular robot but rock” look we got with the retail version. Articulation is passable, but his short limbs and foot design limit his posability. He is able to hold his pickaxe and point it forwards which is cool, just don’t look at it from the side since it looks like he broke his wrist. The pickaxe can also be held as a crossbow which isn’t very convincing without an arrow but it’s par for the course. The roof comes off and can be used as a shield. Like most transformers shields, it looks like he’s holding a chunk of altmode.

IMG_2745.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2751.jpeg

I’ll be honest, I forgot to take altmode pics but it’s the same as the Magneous version of the mold but blue. It rolls well and is a rocky pickup. It’s alright.
IMG_2752.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

Calcitron can be disassembled into the pieces seen above. This may be the most half-assed of the -izer gimmicks so far. He disassembles enough that you can’t form a functional robot while arming other toys but doesn't disassemble enough to give you many options in arming other characters. Not a fan. His shins can combine with the pickaxe to form a hammer and that’s about it apart from strapping mineral formations and disembodied arms on your robots.
IMG_2747.jpeg

You’re welcome.

Overall, Calcitron isn’t a bad toy but the gimmick doesn’t do enough to compensate for how it hinders him as a standalone toy. Let’s be honest though: nobody is buying this multipack for him, regardless of how much smexy cleavage he shows off.

Last edited:

Top Bottom