Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not to jinx it and spawn another reuse of this mold, but I do wish that one of the many reuses they'd churned out looked like that. Maybe even with Siege, which brings non-cartoon/Earth inspiration with it anyway (the Microman sword). Darker, miner-style helmet (the sculpt then inexplicably went to the G2-based Selects one), the G1 filigree on the chest (use some of the Stegeing budget on that instead).

Then the Earthrise one could be the closer G1 cartoon match; use the regular Siege head on one of the other versions (cel-shaded 35th, spoiler pack, Premium Finish, etc).

Also, the side-by-sides just reinforce my want for a Magnus cab-colored version of that Earthrise OP mold. Kingdom cab Magnus isn't terrible per se, but it's not as good.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
This might not be strictly kosher as far as being a "Transformers" pic goes, but it's got a transforming robot toy from TakaraTomy in it 🤷‍♂️

gD2Pv2y.png

Then the Earthrise one could be the closer G1 cartoon match; use the regular Siege head on one of the other versions (cel-shaded 35th, spoiler pack, Premium Finish, etc).
😁

uuJcBPX.jpg

Maybe even with Siege, which brings non-cartoon/Earth inspiration with it anyway (the Microman sword). Darker, miner-style helmet (the sculpt then inexplicably went to the G2-based Selects one), the G1 filigree on the chest (use some of the Stegeing budget on that instead).
That was the Megatron I had in my head, and I got the sense Hasbro would never make it, so I had to do it myself. I'm pretty happy with the results.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Moving on to the meat of the three-pack, Thundertron. He’s a well-articulated robot with a lot of style. Aside from the regal stylings expected of a pirate captain, he’s covered in sculpted battle damage. In peg-leg mode though, his balance isn’t the best but that’s real world accuracy I guess. Paint scheme is the same as the retail release but the navy blue is changed to a lighter blue that google tells me is either Egyptian blue or cobalt blue. The gold is less coppery in tone than the shade of the retail release. The two different shades of electric blue are pure eye candy and I wish they’d done more of them. The new head resembles Prime’s more but with the customary nose and an eyepatch. Unfortunately, it is unpainted, as are all the battle damage. The other new point of interest is the hook hand. It’s pretty bad. Looks like one of the rubber coated hooks you’d find at a hardware store and has a growth underneath to accommodate the transformation. It’s also 5mm compatible but understandably loose. The sword is well detailed but is begging for some painted detail. It gets the job done I suppose. It’s a soft plastic but not rubbery so I’m not sure how it’ll take the paint. Also gave him a pistol from a knockoff construction robot until I can make a Soul Calibur Cervantes-style swordgun.
IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2733.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2738.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

nightshriek can perch on his shoulder via dedicated ports but it’s not so great since the bat mold can’t fold its wings in a way that doesn’t look awkward and looks kind weird sitting there with wings fully spread.
IMG_2734.jpeg

Lion mold is a brick. You can unlock the front legs for a little more movement but it exposes robot arms. The static pose it’s designed in is also a bit awkward, supposed to be a pre-pounce pose I guess but it tends to look downwards due to the front legs being shorter and lacking the joints to raise them higher. Also, I call bull on the designers claiming this is Zoids-inspired. Zoids aren’t Zoids without obnoxiously visible rubber plugs and bigass asymmetric guns strapped on their backs. It also lacks the meaty mitts of the Ligers but it’s a decent enough space lion as it is, they did a poor job at homaging them. Also the things on the sides of the lion head remind me of the cone of shame.
IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

Overall, not a bad toy at all but a bit disappointing in its limitations. It does bring a lot of visual flair to the table but mechanically it’s left wanting.
IMG_2730.jpeg

i feel like adding some more white and some gunmetal and gold details. Definitely hitting the eyepatch with some color.

Last edited:

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Now we just need them to recolor Road Pig as G2 Soundwave
We got "Laser Cycle," so I'm optimistic.

Sideways/Axer 2-pack also, please.
And then Hasbro makes a two-pack of Arcee/Road Rocket as Armada Sideways and Crashbar/Road Pig as G1 Axer (or perhaps his motorcycle).

I realize that sounds like a monkey's paw joke but I actually would really like that.

Shadewing

Citizen
We got "Laser Cycle," so I'm optimistic.

And then Hasbro makes a two-pack of Arcee/Road Rocket as Armada Sideways and Crashbar/Road Pig as G1 Axer (or perhaps his motorcycle).

I realize that sounds like a monkey's paw joke but I actually would really like that.

Of course they'd also need to redeco Roadpig as RM Doubleface, for twice the Sideways action.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Nightshriek rounds out the twothree-pack. It’s a simple, effective colorscheme but the mold just isn’t much. The head can move up and down while the legs can fold in and out. The painted detail helps differentiate him from Ratbat but it’s nothing outstanding. He’s meant to perch on Thundertron but as mentioned, it’s kind of awkward. The rectangle mode is kinda rough with some gappage clearly visible and the skull looking more than a bit goofy. The eyes are too elongated, I feel, and makes it more cutesy corporate logo than pirate flag. The extraneous white bits don’t help. You can flip out the peg in rectangle mode to act as a shield but eh doing that means you hide the side with the skull detail. The three-pack is a decent deal overall but not anything you can’t miss out on. Thundertron’s definitely the highlight of the set and the new head is great, but if you already have him, it’s not worth double dipping.
IMG_2744.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom