Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
IEQDraY.jpg

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I still remember when I came up with this as a concept, and everyone who saw it pretty much hated the idea.
I don't get why! I think it works really well.

If I ever get my money I'll buy a MW Optimus Prime. Then they'll finally make a new one.

They'll think they're trolling me but I'll buy the new one too and be perfectly happy to have both. I love that design for some reason,
My hope for MW Optimus is that they reference his box art and do some unholy fusion of the Thunderclash and G2 Laser Prime designs.

Last edited:

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I don't get why! I think it works really well.
The 2007 movie brought with it the biggest wave of HOW DARE THIS BE DIFFERENT FROM G1 in... well, ever, really, since unlike Beast Wars it was mainstream-ish news. Barricade in particular was subject to a lot of people really mad at the existence of a Transformer police car who wasn't Prowl (because hug Streetwise apparently) and trying to "fix" him by making him more Prowl-like, up to and including fanfics-pretending-to-be-theories that he somehow secretly actually was Prowl (I wouldn't have a lot of nickels, but I'd have enough nickels for it to be weird). So there were some negative associations there that it took a while to overcome.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The 2007 movie brought with it the biggest wave of HOW DARE THIS BE DIFFERENT FROM G1 in... well, ever, really, since unlike Beast Wars it was mainstream-ish news. Barricade in particular was subject to a lot of people really mad at the existence of a Transformer police car who wasn't Prowl (because hug Streetwise apparently) and trying to "fix" him by making him more Prowl-like, up to and including fanfics-pretending-to-be-theories that he somehow secretly actually was Prowl (I wouldn't have a lot of nickels, but I'd have enough nickels for it to be weird). So there were some negative associations there that it took a while to overcome.

I understand (but disagree with) the hate, as there will always be people that want to see the same thing repeated over and over, but I think most fans were pretty used to the idea of different continuities with different characters by the time the movies came out. I think a lot of the loudest complaints were from people that hadn't really been following the brand and were unfamiliar with anything except G1 (not that there doesn't still exist a loud "G1 or GTFO" contingent in the fandom).

Honestly, there was a LOT wrong with the Bay movies, but every new iteration of the franchise has some good to add to the whole, and Barricade the evil police car is one of my favorites from the era, and I'm always glad to see versions of him pop up in new places.

Top Bottom