Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
So there were some negative associations there that it took a while to overcome.
I get it. I went on my own journey of hating Bayverse Starscream, accepting him, and then sort of settling into "well it was cool for the time."

It's just that at this stage of my life and fandom I don't really find anything productive in the aesthetic flame wars from back in the day.
Transformers is a brand that always reinvents itself, and the really cool thing is that it's not just a one way street. New ideas often filter back into past eras and help redefine them. RtS Lugnut- Animated Lugnut if he was G1- remains one of my old faves (I feel old calling that toy old, but he is! I bought him at a Zellers for cripes' sake).

So movie Barricade becoming the new basis for G1 Barricade is cool to me. I don't see it as making everything "GEEEWUN," I see it as a cool and creative character from the live action movies taking over his G1 namesake's "spot," 'cause G1 Barricade was never that memorable before. I see it as a boon to the creativity the Bayverse brought, filtering back to make G1 better by its existence.

It's that ability for ideas to filter between past and present in both directions that make Transformers such a dynamic franchise IMO.

Now He'll end up being a really heavy remold of Legacy Laser Prime. :p
Depending on context... I wouldn't hate that. I'd prefer a fresh take on the Thunderclash/MW Prime design so we can get both of 'em, but if it's a matter of "make it a remould of Laser Prime or it doesn't happen at all" then... it would work for me.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Barricade, an updated Smoulder with Chopster, Flatline, just need a motorcycle and a helicopter to make the Decepticons twisted counterpart to the Protectobots...

I've always wanted this! For the helicopter, I'd suggest a new take on Movie Blazemaster as a Decepticon news helicopter that profits off the suffering of others. If he can't find any, he makes some.

For the motorcycle, I'd say Road Pig as a police highway patrol cycle. He's already black and gold, so the colors fit, and the name is perfect.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That was a terrible mold. I got a Blazemaster as part of that thing back in 2010 where you could send in receipts to get free extra toys. Even getting it for free, I felt I overpaid.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My hope for MW Optimus is that they reference his box art and do some unholy fusion of the Thunderclash and G2 Laser Prime designs.

I did this, but I couldn't find it in my labyrinth of a file system, so I redid it in a hurry.

Legacy MW Prime.png

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We are talking about a character whose branding is "evil twist on cop", and for whom "to punish and enslave" has been literally inscribed on his body at points.

It's not like Superomegaprime is flippantly commenting on an incident of police abuse of a citizen. If you're going to enjoy Transformers at all you'll need to be able to separate things, or you'll break a finger or two clutching pearls when you hear people talk about this Megatron guy.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm honestly surprised we have not gotten a Thunder Clash or Machine Wars figures yet.

Gotta think with that Prime Dreadwing mold there is an opportunity for a MW Starscream or Universe King Atlas.

Considering Machine Wars is a line that never came to really be, its unlikely to get much attention, while King Atlas is extremely obcure character and from what written about him on TF wiki (take with a gain of salt) the name was originally going to be the offical English name for Dai Altas and Dai Altas had a modern figure not to long ago as a heavy retool of the TR Skyshadow/Overlord mold but then with that mold, I had hoped they would do Thunderwing, as he is overdue for an update and such a character should really get a large figure

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Machine Wars is one of those things that a toy capsule would be perfect for since it's a small cast and can be p/retooled from molds that also see use in the mainline. Have Thunder Clash be in the main line and MW Optimus be in the capsule. Euro Skyquake in the main line, MW Starscream in the capsule. A Puffer/Road Ranger style 2-pack of Hoist and Hubcap from Scraphook with a mix of alt parts and accessories.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Machine Wars is one of those things that a toy capsule would be perfect for since it's a small cast and can be p/retooled from molds that also see use in the mainline. Have Thunder Clash be in the main line and MW Optimus be in the capsule. Euro Skyquake in the main line, MW Starscream in the capsule. A Puffer/Road Ranger style 2-pack of Hoist and Hubcap from Scraphook with a mix of alt parts and accessories.
Right? Space Pirates or whatever this line with Cannonball and the others is can get a capsule, then I feel like Machine Wars could get one.

Shadewing

Citizen
The "problem" with a MW is that most these capsules are small. 4 deluxes, 1 voyager, and 1 or 2 Leaders. Also they've all be remolds or repaints. No new molds so if we were to get Prime through this, he certainly wouldn't be a new mold. Beyond that, we've not had a whole lot of deluxe jets, so most the Decepticons would be out. You could maybe get Starscream and Soundwave, but that uses up both leader spots, so no Prime. You could maybe get Sandstorm from Selects Rotorstorm. Mirage or Prowl from Kingdom Mirage, Hoist or Hubcap from Scraphook, As I'll assume they wont wont to double up in this line. That still leaves a dlx and voyager and not a lot of characters to choose from, less you just want to shoehorn in Needlenose as one of the 3 decepticon jets, even if they look nothing a like.

Top Bottom