Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Its hugging X-Mas!!!!!
100_4921.JPG

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Odd question, but do you happen to have any Alternators hanging around? I know he's too big for your standard "cars are deluxes" relative scale system, but I was wondering how he compared to some 1:24 scale Transformers.
I don’t have my Alternators around but eyeballing the tire size, he seems to be closer to MP. They’re still slightly too big for the MP crowd if the tires are the basis for measurement but honestly don’t know anything about cars.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
IMG_6081.JPEG

Against seemingly all odds, he has arrived!

Getting him was a nightmare. I never saw him for pre-order up until a couple of weeks ago on Amazon.ca, and even then it was touch and go, as I went to pre-order it, the option vanished, and then reappeared later. Then the day before he was supposed to arrive, there was a delay notice that it wouldn't arrive until the end of the month, and there was talk that a CS rep for Amazon said the shipment was damaged and we might have orders cancelled and have to reorder...

But here he is! Shipping notice arrived yesterday, and he came in the same day.

And I love this little guy! Even more than I imagined I would. For one thing, his transformation allows him to form a perfect cat loaf!

IMG_6087.JPEG

My biggest worry was how the transformation would affect the head sculpt, as it's basically two halves coming together in the middle, but when it does, you can't even tell.

For the size, he's great. But even as much as I love him, I don't think I could have justified spending much more on him than I did, so I'm grateful that I managed to get him at retail price, before all the scumsuckers took over with their jacked-up prices.

IMG_6088.JPEG
IMG_6085.JPEG

(I didn't have a quarter handy, so this will have to do for size reference.)

If there's any flaw, it's that his fit in Blaster's cassette door is pretty tight. Like, opening it has more of a popping sound now, and I was worried I might have broken it earlier. (It seems fine, but it turns out there's a very specific way to put him in the cassette door that even the instructions don't tell you about.)

When I had the original as a kid, I didn't have Blaster, so the cassette alt mode was of rather limited utility among my Autobot ranks. So what I did was kludge together a "vehicle" mode that was basically plugging in both of his wings on the same side of the cassette and making a little Cybertronian "jet" out of it that was basically just a flying box with wings (still better than Rewind's similar "tank" mode).

That doesn't really work here. But, I did come up with something else!

IMG_6086.JPEG

So yeah, now he's basically a little hover-tank-thing, too. If he had a handle at the bottom, he'd make a darn fine Targetmaster, or maybe arm-mounted gun for Blaster, but alas.

Speaking of Blaster, I tried the speaker thing with him. That's neat. Don't think I'll be breaking that out often, though, especially since it doesn't seem to attach in boom box mode.

This Steeljaw might not be everyone's cup of tea -- seems YouTube reviewers hate him -- but he's as perfect as can be for me at that size and price!

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
And one of those Aerialbot limbs is a custom Thundercracker for some reason.
I didn’t like the helicopter guy, and wasn’t able to track down a Slingshot though I tried. Thought about getting Blast-off to join the team, but thought Thundercracker would be the one most likely to defect to the Aerialbots. In my head cannon Slingshot died in battle and Thundercracker took his place. And now Stormjet joined the team as an alternate configuration. I am trying to figure a way I could also make Stormjet be an arm or leg.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm trying to go through my collection and downsize it some. I love all of these, but I definitely think there are some candidates for the chopping block here.

20241012_231343.jpg

20241012_231254.jpg

I'm thinking the Netflix Soundwave is the first to go. Mine has only minimal photodegradation, but I never liked his bright yellow door frame. The Legacy release is just a pure upgrade in my eyes. Overall, I think I like Legacy better than DC too. I kind of like the red shoulder and missile paint, but that's about it. I'm split between the Siege molds. I like the clean version, but the Siege release fits in better with the other Siege-era figures I'd be likely to display him with.

On the cassette side, the only ones I could see parting with are a Ravage and Legacy Frumble, neither pictured here. I already have a toy deco from the Siege mold, so the Legacy version is doubly redundant. For Ravage, I didn't like the gray neck on the Netflix version and I didn't like the fully black legs on Legacy, so I swapped the legs to have my preferred deco. The remaining one is now surplus to requirements.

Laying them all out like this has got me thinking. I'm likely to be getting another Ratbat, since he's supposed to be bundled with SS86 Ramhorn, right? At that point, I'll have both Cybertron and Earth versions of all the main 6 cassettes other than Buzzsaw. That's just making me want to go buy an additional Siege Laserbeak/Ravage and Legacy Soundwave so I can swap parts to make a Siege Buzzsaw. Damn it, this was supposed to be about downsizing, not buying more stuff!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What don't they like about it? Seems like a perfectly cromulent toy.
I'm not even sure. The size for the price, maybe? I've mostly seen titles/thumbnails, but haven't looked into many, because I knew I was going to try to get him, anyway.

Btw, forgot one pic:

IMG_6089.JPEG

(I really gotta put some stickers on that big guy...)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can see the size for the price being an annoyance. It's a tiny cassette and a "make up for the price" accessory. I wish they'd at least had two sightly smaller speakers instead of one weirdly large one. Even Frumble came with four accessories (and better articulation overall, although of course the transformation etc are different enough that they're not really comparable).

But we did cross that bridge with at least those two cassettes already, so I guess I'm gritting my teeth and bearing it. And Steeljaw himself isn't bad looking anyway.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I and others I talk to, would have prefered if he was more articulated, and wasn't a parts former. I want something better then Seige Ravage, rather then him being the inspiration.

Top Bottom