Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Tidal wave won’t fit too well on my desk so you’re getting bathroom. Blitzing’s hand-guns actually make decent battleship cannons. A quick and dirty sprayjob later and they work real well.

Articulation’s pretty good but figures this size really need a neck to look up/down. Disappointed by the lack of conveniently-placed ports overall. Transformation's decent, nothing special but functional and intuitive. Haven’t tried base mode yet but it looks like a fan mode. Don’t care about the elevator. That gimmick always functioned like crap for me and made me think trash compactor. Didn’t buy Armada Megs so dunno about the supermode parts. Minicon would be cool but eh, I can do without. Hips seem okay so far but I opened them up and greased the internal mechanism to be safe. Decent titan but not exceptional overall.

That said, he can’t assume a push-up pose. 0/10

May go back and do some more detail work but honestly, Hasbro did all the important bits already.

IMG_2302.jpeg

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Nice! I was on the fence about getting Tidal Wave but ultimately, I decided to cancel my preorder. He looks good and all, but he's a character that I'm just not that invested in (especially at the Titan pricepoint). I've got the original, and I am still good with that. I'm glad that this version exists though, because I feel like the design team put a lot into it.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I don’t feel ripped off but he feels solidly pretty adequate and that’s about it. Not home runs like Scorponok or Omega but not as wonky as Nemesis.

Base mode won’t fit on the counter so you’re getting floor this time.
IMG_2304.jpeg

Base mode is pretty alright. Looks like a bunker of sorts designed to more guns more often. Has decently well-sefined areas as well. The real problem is that there’s zero base things to do. No compartments, no action features, not even enough space to stand on. Probably because…
IMG_2303.jpeg

He’s pretty small as titans go. Not just height but in mass. I don’t particularly mind but I’d sought him out to be Omega’s counterpart what with the splitting apart thing and he’s noticeably shrimpier.

Oh well, I’m sure DNA’s working on some thighs or shoes to make him taller as we speak. (Joke: I’m not buying those stupid things)

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Base mode is pretty alright. Looks like a bunker of sorts designed to more guns more often. Has decently well-sefined areas as well. The real problem is that there’s zero base things to do. No compartments, no action features, not even enough space to stand on. Probably because…
Dang, I was just about to ask.

That's always disappointing for a base. That's part of why I still had to get a G1 Fort Max after getting the TR one.

In this case, the vehicles are supposed to have that kind of functionality, too, aren't they?

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Good pics of that base mode! It looks cool but yeah, without any functionality / play features, it does feel a little shoehorned.

Also, I do agree that Omega and Scorponok were high marks of the modern Titan era. I passed on Nemesis (and Cybertron Metroplex. I guess it has been a minute since I really wanted a Titan!). As mentioned elsewhere though, I do like her ship mode a lot. However, not enough to pay for a robot that I'll never transform her into. I learned that lesson with The Ark and am not interested in repeating it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Good pics of that base mode! It looks cool but yeah, without any functionality / play features, it does feel a little shoehorned.

Also, I do agree that Omega and Scorponok were high marks of the modern Titan era. I passed on Nemesis (and Cybertron Metroplex. I guess it has been a minute since I really wanted a Titan!). As mentioned elsewhere though, I do like her ship mode a lot. However, not enough to pay for a robot that I'll never transform her into. I learned that lesson with The Ark and am not interested in repeating it.
I wonder if someone would ever make a knockoff that's basically just the spacecraft mode.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Let’s talk Tidall Wave. Had him for a couple weeks now and have had time to put him through his paces. My opinion of him’s improved. First of all, this is a customized piece with extra paint aps and some extra accessories but I’ll provide pics with only the stuff that comes out of the box.
IMG_2353.jpeg
Yes, as I am informed, he can look up. That’s great. The joint is scarily tight though.
IMG_2349.jpeg
IMG_2350.jpeg
Here he is stripped down without the Megatron power-up parts it’s alright but he’s very noticeably missing stuff.
IMG_2351.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg
with all the stuff in place, he looks good from all angles. Not much to say here since the pics speak for this point better. Previously, I said he was adequate but not exceptional, but with some extra time, he’s grown on me. Yes he’s still somewhat small for a titan but his priority it seems is on great articulation.
IMG_2354.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg
His shoulder butterfly joints allow for an insane rang e of motion and he has enough to cross his arms and pull off the Iron Man landing pose. His hips are a bit restricted by the one-piece crotch and buttplates but there’s enough to get him in cool poses.
IMG_2356.jpeg
Here he is with my custom loadout. I picture him as something like King J-Der from Gaogaigar where one of his super move is to stand in place and shoot all his guns at once. The Blitzwing gloveguns make decent battleship cannon batteries and I added Slugslinger’s doublebarreled gun and the shoulder guns and left knee guns are from 3rd party toys I don’t remember.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Next up are the combined modes. First is the stock base mode.
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg
IMG_2359.jpeg
IMG_2360.jpeg
it’s alright. Wish it had more floorspace but it works decently enough in terms of appearance. I particularly like the central un platform.
IMG_2362.jpeg
IMG_2361.jpeg
Here’s the base mode with my stuff on it. It’s the same just with more crap on it.

combined ship mode is like the original. Being unable to transform directly to robot mode kinda sucks but I can see why they did it since the way the legs work would make it difficult to articulate and maintain structural integrity if they attached the way the original did. I headcanon this as a flight mode since it looks more like a spaceship or jet.
IMG_2341.jpeg
IMG_2345.jpeg
IMG_2344.jpeg
Megatron parts are what they are. I don’t have an Armada Megatron so here they are on the Siege mold. They look like Tidal Wave components stuck on- just like the originals. Too bad they can’t make a Mini-Me. Of note is that the 5mm pegs on the boosters are asymmetrically placed, meaning if you don’t or can’t make use of the central peg of the connected parts, the boosters won’t sit symmetrically.
IMG_2347.jpeg
IMG_2348.jpeg

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Last are the ship modes. I don’t have much to add, they’re basically the originals in different colors. They roll on tiny wheels and look close enough to ships, though they are noticeably thiccer. I imagine real ships look thinner because part of the hull is submerged.
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2329.jpeg
IMG_2330.jpeg
IMG_2335.jpeg

IMG_2327.jpeg
Aircraft carrier’s a brick. Stays together and rolls well.
IMG_2331.jpeg
IMG_2333.jpeg
My least favorite ship. Doesn’t look great, no features of note, falls in half easily and looks like Tidal Wave’s shoes.
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2339.jpeg
The battleship’s pretty decent but the crotch hanging off the back is extra-noticeable.

A lot’s been said about lacking the gimmicks from the original toy. The compartments, elevator and projectile gimmicks are all MIA. No matter though, Hasbro has included the most important action feature for toy boats. I don’t know why they didn’t reveal this beforehand.
IMG_2363.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg
IMG_2365.jpeg
Combined ship mode won’t fit my aquarium.

<unluckiness not liable for any water-based injury or damage>

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't take a picture of the alt mode, but the helmet is used to recreate the Jackhammer's assault mode turret. The helmet is removable in robot mode as well, with a sticker giving the robot head a Cliff Dagger eyepatch. It's a pretty well thought out set.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Fixed Tidal Wave’s leg boat issues. Tried floor polish on the clips but it didn’t do all that much. Been assembling model kits lately so I took some of the 5mm sprue parts and plugged them into the screwholes on Tidal wave’s left leg. Now he stays together perfectly.
IMG_2370.jpeg
IMG_2369.jpeg
While I happened to have the stuff to do this hanging around, you could accomplish the same with commercially available 5mm styrene rods cut to size. Use a screwdriver to estimate the screwhole depth and cut the rods to size with a blade or model kit nippers, leaving around 5mm sticking out to not be too visible but retain some grip.

Last edited:

Top Bottom