Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
It is entertaining to see these ginormous Hollywood films with bloated budgets get their butts handed to them by a second-rate horrror movie made with the change they found in the producer’s couch cushions.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I don't know if it's a national chain or just a local chain, but Skyline Chili is awesome when you need something cheap.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had it once, a very long time ago. The main thing I remember about it is that it's the first place where people freaked out over how much hot sauce I was using. Someone put money on the table and dared anyone to match me.

I just wanted to eat my food.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I don't know if it's a national chain or just a local chain, but Skyline Chili is awesome when you need something cheap.
It's a regional chain but it's also kind of weird because like it was founded in Ohio and so having locations in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana make sense since those three states are all close together.

And then you learn it has also has five locations in Florida and the first location outside Cincinatti, Ohio was literally the one down here in my own city in Florida.

Wack.

The location down in my city closed a couple years ago and while they said it would be moving to a new location, that hasn't happened. I mean I can still get it, even putting aside how I've got four cans of Skyline Cincinatti chili, there is another location down here in South Florida still.

I should go one day, I mean I love making it with their canned chili (I just do a three way, usually) so getting it at an actual restaurant has to be like way awesomer right?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I don't think that I can take it
Because it took so long to make it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh noooo!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Never been to Skyline, but we drove down to Tennessee for a wedding once and TMM had Cincinnati style chili. The extra weird part is that it kept him full for the rest of the day (he's almost always hungry).

Anyway, I found this recipe that's similar (and apparently close to Skyline, too). We make it from time to time, but cut the salt and black pepper a lot. The chocolate should be cut into small pieces so it melts into the sauce. Great on top of sphaghetti with shredded cheddar.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Amazon delivered a neighbor's package to my house. The neighbors soon showed up, because drivers take pictures and send them to the customers' phones now, so they were easily able to figure out where their package went.

The future is cool. Obviously it would be nice if drivers didn't get the wrong address, but in this case technology made the problem trivially easy to fix.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Kahless is the Doomslayer. After he killed all the Klingon demons, he decided to come and kill other races' demons for fun. That's why you never see his face.

Top Bottom