Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
that's impressive Viola, congrats. was it for a particular reason or just for fun?

I might have put in a 6th of that the other day hauling around a stump grinder and I've been basically fucked for the last 24 hours... i don't think my legs would work after 6 miles in a row even without the grinder

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I rarely get the weekend off from work, but I do get other days in the week off from work, thou the next few weeks are going to be busy with the approch to the annual winter event we all call Christmas

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I just briefly scrolled through the list of movies I own digitally on Amazon. I have quite a few movies I've been wanting to watch again but completely forgot I already own.

I'm going to need to make a spreadsheet.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm like that, but with physical boxes of movies. I don't know where they all came from.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Its best to have physical copies of movies or TV shows because Streaming isn't the best because they could take it down at a moment notice and you would have to wait years before they put them back up, if they ever do, because they could end up like the Willow TV show, a tax write off, meaning that it has effectively been destoryed and will never see the light of day again

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Or you can just pirate shit like I do.

I buy the stuff I really want and pirate everything else if it ain't on a free streaming service.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I definitely support piracy for any media that isn't available on physical copies. Nothing should be at risk of becoming lost media because the current head of a company feels like it one day.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Metal singers must all be part Muppet since they all end up sounding like either Cookie Monster or post-puberty Elmo

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Metal singers, especially black and death metal, put a lot of strain on their vocal cords. If you listen to bands that have been around for a while, compare their earlier work to their later and you can really tell. They tend to pitch upwards after a while because they literally can't keep the same growling sounds up forever. Even with shorter-lived acts, like Dethklok from the show Metalocalypse, if you compare the first Dethalbum (songs like Go Into the Water or Fansong) to the third (The Galaxy or (very NSFW) I Ejaculate Fire), you can tell his pitch has changed.

And that's without even accounting for the well-known tendency for musicians to get into all kinds of drugs and other destructive habits.

Top Bottom