Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All the programs I wanted were either in one of the Alpine repos or just not available for Linux at all, so in that regard for me Alpine wasn't a worse option than any other distro.

The only thing I encountered that would make me hesitate to recommend it to a newcomer is the installation. It's not hard. It's a lot of pressing Enter to accept the default options. They're mostly fine. It just looks like you're installing something from 1985. A lot of people are going to look at it and they're not even going to try. But once it's installed it looks like every other distro. In no time I was posting on Allspark with YouTube playing in another tab, and I was happy.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I still live bitches

its been awhile but life goes on mommatec says hi she is currently doing radiation treatments for a small spot on her lungs that the docs are hope to nip in the bud early
we had hell of a start and middle to 2024 anyway I hope to get back to posting here more again

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Hi tec and mommatec! Glad you're both alive. Best wishes to mommatec. Kick that spot's ass and show it who's boss.

Reactions: tec

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Generative AI is artificial fae. They generate "illusions" that seem too perfect, yet have "seams" where they can't get things quite right. They take mortal concepts, ideas, and images for their own use without regard. Any requests of them have to be worded very specifically to get what you want, and even then it may not be quite right.

This thought brought to you by the realization that the old anti-glamour tricks also work against live deepfakes.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I haven't received my new iPad from Apple yet. But I was just reading up and looking at pictures in anticipation and I happen to notice something.

Where's the home button? How am I supposed to do stuff without a home button? How do I even get past the Lock Screen without a home button. I use biometric logins for everything. What am I supposed to do with those?

And does it say something about me that I've never seen an iPad without a home button before?

I feel so lost!

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
iPads haven't had home buttons in a few years fam. The last base model to have one was the 2021 model (which, granted, was only discontinued by Apple this past May), the iPad Air dropped it after the 2019 model, the iPad Mini also dropped it after the 2019 model, and the iPad Pro dropped it after the 2017 model.

I don't know what type of iPad you're getting, but you should know that all of them sans the iPad Pro still support Touch ID. It's just on the sleep/wake button, so you can still use it (since they don't support FaceID).

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IPad Air 2M with 11" screen. Thanks for all that. It's definitely good to know what to expect.

I'm mostly upgrading for battery life and storage. The battery life of my old iPad (5th generation) is dwindling pretty fast. Also I'm going from 32GB storage to 256GB.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They’ll be taking a biopsy soon but regardless of results, surgery is likely. Not many tumors are receptive to chemotherapy alone.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm a little ticked off with a delivery driver for a amazon package containing the next volume of One piece manga in English, tracking says its delivered to letter box, yet its not appeared and was said to been delivered about an hour ago while I was at work, checked around the garden and out on the front side of the house, nothing, I'm thinking it might been delivered to a neighbour by mistake but the question is, which one, so I'll give it a day or so and if it fails to appear, then I'll complain to Amazon as this very VERY rarely happens!

Top Bottom