tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Moms last Treatment was tuesday and she says thanks for all the well wish

Princess Viola hope your moms ok

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Got my package now, the person doing the delievering shoved it in a neighbour's two doors down as they were expecting something as well

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nah, it was me. I was tinkering again.

Not totally my fault. I don't know if I'm the victim of some A/B testing or there's just something on my setup that Microsoft didn't expect (obviously possible), but something in last month's Windows update completely broke virtualization on my computer. It's my computer and I will do what I want, so I've been trying to find what they did and reverse it, or at least work around it.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Skynet wouldn't have to try to actively destroy humanity. Once it's in control of everything all it would have to do would be...nothing. Just...stop.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Wait a minute...did we actually have that exact conversation before or did I just have deja vu? Because I'm thinking we've had this exact conversation before.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes the simulation gets a little too off the rails and we have to revert to an earlier save state. It's not always seamless.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I know I'm getting my iPad soon and getting an iPhone on top of that probably isn't the most responsible use of a credit card. But seeing as how my old phone was an iPhone 8 and they're now on 15, it seemed time for an upgrade. I'm absolutely loving the face recognition.

This said after bringing up Skynet...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
When I popped out, this evening to go to one of my local take aways, saw my neighbour's cat, on his evening wonders, I said hello to him and got a meow as a hello and then he carried on, pausing by one of the cars to where he lives to groom himself, but after that, he didn't want to know, I just left him to his own devices after getting my bike out of the garbage and rode off!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I've seen these Apple brand pencil stylus's, but they're like upwards of $100 +/-. I'd rather just use my finger. But I don't suppose someone knows a decent cheaper alternative?

Why are they so expensive anyway? What makes them so much better than an average stylus?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
So I've seen these Apple brand pencil stylus's, but they're like upwards of $100 +/-. I'd rather just use my finger. But I don't suppose someone knows a decent cheaper alternative?

Why are they so expensive anyway? What makes them so much better than an average stylus?
It's a combination of brand value + Apple's reputation for quality products + they have features that the cheaper alternatives don't, so they are able to charge more.

From what I understand, third-party alternatives to the Apple Pencils have similar precision and latency to the official styli (yes, that is the plural) but have no pressure sensitivity, have to be charged via a cable, and turned on and off manually.

Basically the gist is: are you gonna use your iPad for drawing? Get an Apple Pencil. Just wanna use it to take notes and shit? Get a third-party stylus instead.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Got home from work, looked at my mobile and had half a dozen spam text messages, all saying the same thing about unable to deliver a package due to incorrect info, of couse I know they are spam but all these messages showed up within about of a minute of each other or at the same time, so only a fool would use the link it provides!

Top Bottom