Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
did something really stupid last night

ef9Screenshotfrom202408.png

i ran windows 95 in a VM inside a windows vista VM running on linux mint

i wanted to try and go three layers deep and run an XP VM inside the vista VM and then run a 95 VM inside XP but virtualbox wouldn't launch in the XP VM (and i was using a version that did still support XP)

also getting windows 95 installed was a bit annoying. website i downloaded the ISO from gave the helpful reminder that windows 95 CDs are NOT bootable and you need the install floppies and they said that windows 98 SE boot floppy images also work for windows 95. well maybe that is true on real hardware but not on my VM because it would just tell me that there's no windows 98 install media found (And for the record - i did have the disc image for the windows 95 installer in the VM's virtual drive) and then i downloaded a floppy image for the specific version of windows 95 i was tryna install and...that still didn't work for some reason?

yeah so anyways i ended up having to download floppy images for MS-DOS 6.22 and a CD driver and install MS-DOS 6.22 first, the CD driver, and then i could actually get windows 95 to install

also i played doom in it

7a9Screenshotfrom202408.png

this has to be one of the most inconvenient ways to run doom. running the shareware version of doom in DOS on windows 95 running in windows vista running in linux mint. it ran hella slow and had no sound.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If you want a challenge, try this with OS/2 instead of Windows 95.

You'll see we all loved Windows 95.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Screenshot_20240831_200755_Firefox~2.jpg
These guys are at McDonald's now. If anyone finds Pomzodia and wants to trade for Cinamaroll (w/out outer bag) or Kuromi (still in bag), hit me up.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I will let my wife know what to look out for. She takes Haywire3 to Mickey D's pretty regularly, so we might wind up with an extra.

(Pomzodia is the one in the middle, right? My knowledge of both Yu-Gi-Oh and Hello Kitty is pretty limited...)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I will let my wife know what to look out for. She takes Haywire3 to Mickey D's pretty regularly, so we might wind up with an extra.

(Pomzodia is the one in the middle, right? My knowledge of both Yu-Gi-Oh and Hello Kitty is pretty limited...)
Yep, the yellow dog Pompompurin with giant god Exodia. So big that if you can play all his body parts in a game, you win.
PitoeC-1188210340.jpg
Thanks for keeping an eye out!

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
I have no idea how to play Yugioh ... but I think that would be a hard thing to pull off... like as soon as you play 1/5th of that the strategy is kinda obvious isn't it?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They work in the hand and you play them all at once. It’s pretty obvious for other reasons since most ways to search cards require you to show them, or simply because you keep drawing cards instead of going offensive like 99.9% of the game.

So is there a three headed Cinamoroll?

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
okay, that isn't AS obvious as just starting out placing an arm down would be and then going the rest of the match trying to draw the other 4 out of the deck

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Anyways if anyone cares sometime this month I gotta fly back down to Florida with my mom to clean out both homes down there because our lawyer put them up for sale and, y'know, I kind of have most of my friggin things in those homes - especially the house I lived in (as well as things I wanna keep to remember my grandparents and my dad by) so we gotta get my stuff out of those homes and then get my belongings shipped up to where I live now.

I also gotta open up a bank account for myself up here because after those homes are sold and that's all finished up and the money from those sales is put into the trust my grandpa set up for me, I'm gonna start getting monthly payments from the trust - or at least monthly payments from what I have access to. My grandpa set the trust up so I have access to 1/3rd at 25, 1/3rd at 30, and 1/3rd at 35 and I'm only 28 right now so I'll only have access to 1/3rd of the money for right now.

Anyways, based on what the lawyer has said, it seems the monthly payments I'll get from the trust will be $1500 a month. I know that's not a lot and I'm pretty sure I'll have to pay income tax (obviously we'll go to a tax office to fully figure that out), but it's still something and it's more than what I'd get from disability. I think disability here in New York gets you like $960/mo and I'd have to keep my assets below $2000 by the end of each month to keep getting disability, whereas the money from the trust would just be my money and I'd take 'having to pay income tax' over 'having to needlessly spend money to keep it below a certain amount to keep getting it'.

Cause yeah this will be my money and I'll be able to spend it how I wish. Thankfully I live with family so I don't have to worry about bills and such, but I'm not gonna go crazy and spend all $1500 each month or anything. Hell, a few years back, my grandpa gave me $1500 for my birthday and I still had like $800-900 by December to spend on Christmas presents - and remember I was born on 25 June, literally 6 months before Christmas exactly, so it took me that long to spend $600-$700.

Groceries are gonna be a weird thing though because I'll feel like I should be spending some of my money on the groceries I get for myself but I know my mom will just end up paying for them instead because we'll go shopping together (hooray for being unable to drive and also living in the middle of frickin nowhere so I can't take Lyfts to go places, so I literally have to have my mom take me places) and she'd probably be like 'Oh no, I'll pay for these, spend your money on other stuff like your video games'.

(I know some foods I like I'll probably have to get shipped, maybe I'll meet her halfway and order and pay for those myself or something)

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
It'll be good to save money just in case. I'm sure your mom will appreciate if you at least offer to pay some money to her each month for rent/food.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I live with my parents and so do my siblings because it’s a waste of a bigass house and people here don’t move out until they marry and even then some don’t. They refuse to let me pay for anything or take my money so I just end up buying them meals or paying for miscellaneous expenses like pet stuff or repairs

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It'll be good to save money just in case. I'm sure your mom will appreciate if you at least offer to pay some money to her each month for rent/food.
My mom probably won't accept rent money from me just because it'd feel weird because my older sister also lives here and she doesn't pay anything.

Of course she also has no income either but y'know it'd just feel weird.

Top Bottom