Reasons why Grandus should be the next titan

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In all honesty, he's really not very tall. Star Convoy was the tallest of the group. Grandus is more stocky and stout:

k46acjzgpz7.jpg

myd5cnbm8e4.jpg

He's certainly big when compared to the Micromasters, since he's meant to be a baseformer designed for Micromaster interactivity. But when compared to normal-sized Autobot Cars and Mini-Bots, he's not very large-scaled at all.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's what I'm saying! Use that Titan budget to give us two big, wide bois instead of one inaccurately tall boi. Couple of very plussed up Leader classes that turn into these nice chonky bases.

Just give him the basics of articulation at last, and lots of attachment points and opening panels and pivoting guns and whatnot. I figure that with those joints, proportionally speaking he'd wind up shaped like Combiner Wars Long Haul.

Dvandom

Citizen
If Grandus is made, he will be neo-G1 style...but he should have an option face with a gap in his teeth like Mike Tyson. And if he doesn't, five will immediately show up from 3P companies.

---Dave, now off to mow his lawn so he can tell kids to get off it.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Grandus is just doing what insecure guys do when they marry taller women and then try to stand closer to the camera for their wedding pictures or political candidates insist on altering their podium height for debates.

I never actually looked closely at him before and I'm having flashbacks to the Battle Base from Wheeled Warriors.

"I'm a little Grandus, short and stout, here is my handle and here is DEATH..."
(opens fire with everything)
-probably one of those 'short sharp lesson'/'whole world of pain' Furmanisms or something.

KingSwoop

Citizen
I'm inclined to think that this might be time for a better Metroplex/Metrotitan. Short of that, though, maybe... Broadside?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Broadside sounds like an easy Tidal Wave retool, and has in fact been mentioned in such threads forever. But he makes more sense to me as a Commander class figure at most, since he's never been "big enough to be a video game level", which might be the most memorable thing about Tidal Wave.

I think we should get a new Metroplex and a new Fort Max, borh redesigned from the ground up. Eventually, maybe soon.

But right now I'm all in on Grandus.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I would definitely be up for a modern-day take on Grandus. But a more faithful take on G1 Metroplex and a better version of Fort Max would be higher on my want list.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I assume Grandus would be a relatively small Titan. Grandus requires some complicated jointwork, but when Titans get too big, load bearing becomes the design concern above all else.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Depending on how hollow they make him for the base mode, he might make for a big Commander instead. Depends how sold they'd be on making him huge. I mean, he was one of the Big Toys of his year, but that same year was also a lot of Micromasters.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Grandus requires some complicated jointwork
Heh heh.

But yeah, if they were to actually give him any more joints, the "open cupboard" altmode would present some challenges (the "just facedown" aircraft carrier mode would be easier). I imagine he'd be pretty demanding partswise after all.

Maybe the base altmode is just him sitting legs forward, and the lower legs unfold panels to cover the thighs and form one big flat panel on which the road based stuff can be mounted. Or maybe a similar setup where the knees are double jointed and also bend forwards so the base has some more height (the torso can contribute some paneling to cover the thighs for a unified vertical base). The gunfeet can either move to the sides on a bar, or he could just have duplicate ones deploying from the waist. The torso can open up on its own to have the platforms and base works and stuff.

I guess it'd come down to how big they'd like the aircraft carrier platform to be; the surface area of that squarish shape would be Grandus' overall proportions (give or take a bit if the legs extend).

In any case, maybe they can make the Titan a package of plussed up Commander class Grandus and, say, a Leader Sky Garry. They could come with a clutch of microtrailers and their partner micromasters, and maybe an additional patrol.

I am getting quite excited about a Grandus that does not exist.

Last edited:

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
In a move that'll torque off everybody:

I suggest they could just heavily retool Legacy (Cybertron) Metroplex. It's 'worker' mode can pass Grandus' squat nature making it the default robot mode, leaving the extensions and decompressions free to be altered for his alt mode accommodations and play features.

And I say this as someone who has never handled LG Metroplex (even though I own one) and only know Grandus by the Allspark Almanac(s), a board members obession, and his "Oh LAWD he COMIN!" shape.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
they should make grandus the next titan to give us a world record in terms of 'titan class going to clearance' because there's like 3 people outside japan who give a shit about grandus

Top Bottom