Sonic The Hedgehog

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Here’s what I saw at Walmart a few days ago.

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5451.jpeg
    IMG_5451.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 29

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, they are doing Maria. I thought they might try to side-step that and change it somehow. I guess it's a good thing I was wrong.

Jim Carrey got his fat-suit. And the people...rejoiced!

Heh. They found a way to sneak the Chao in there.

So, Sonic's working with Eggman. What are the chances we're getting Metal Sonic on top of everything else?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I kind of hope, Metal Sonic is only hinted at and held back for the fourth film so that this film can focus upon Shadow and his story more

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
A lot of interesting things stood out when watching this:

-Tom is a GUN agent now. There's a lot of plot points that can spring from this and most obviously it gives Tom and Maddie a more natural way to be near the action if things are outside of Green Hills. Which probably leads to...
-Team Sonic is working directly with GUN. This feels like one of the bigger shifts from the game but there's the fact that the movies have a different story progression than the games. The mistaken identity thing wasn't going to fly in 2024 (and arguably didn't work in 2001). Though I wonder if they are leaning into the fact that GUN is grey instead of purely good or evil. This might be Adventure 2 told through the lens of Shadow's self titled game. And there could still be a doublecross from GUN or Robotnik.
-Gerald Robotnik is alive? I don't trust it...which makes it fascinating. This could be due to anything from suspended animation to time travel nuttiness. With the latter, we don't know what role the Chaos Emeralds might play.
-No Amy or Rouge. I had already braced for the possibility of neither but despite Amy's importance to SA2's plot, getting her into the story is difficult if she hasn't already been introduced. Not expecting either of them if they aren't in this first trailer but the second movie slowly rolled out some surprises after the first trailer.
-Happy Birthday Knuckles. The anniversary of Sonic 3 has been met with Knuckles getting overshadowed in his own TV series, attention being put on the "Year of Shadow", and him getting dunked on in the trailer. At least it was confirmed that he is getting an anniversary comic this fall.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Imagine thinking in 2005 that this movie would exist and doesn't look bad.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
-Tom is a GUN agent now. There's a lot of plot points that can spring from this and most obviously it gives Tom and Maddie a more natural way to be near the action if things are outside of Green Hills.
I wonder if Tom working for GUN now means Wade got promoted to Sheriff. If so, good for him. His show made him likable and decent enough of a person for him to deserve it.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I wonder if Tom working for GUN now means Wade got promoted to Sheriff. If so, good for him. His show made him likable and decent enough of a person for him to deserve it.

Would be a good way to tie the miniseries to the movie. Speaking of the miniseries, I did notice Knuckles with flaming fists in the trailer.

So, Sonic's working with Eggman. What are the chances we're getting Metal Sonic on top of everything else?

I've seen a lot of people ponder this and I wonder both for this and the next movie. For this movie, it could be a final threat after deterring Shadow. Like an alternate to the Biolizard. For after, we haven't gotten a version of CD yet. Metal would work as the end credits reveal.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen

While there's the standard "would like to see it on other systems/devices", Sonic Dream Team is still getting interesting updates. I think this is the last major update but it was assumed that the update with the Sweet Dreams level might be the final major update.

All things considered, I'm wondering whatever happened to Superstars' DLC and updates.

Top Bottom