Star Trek General Discussion

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a shame such a crossover has again occurred in a F2P2W mobile, ahem, "game" (sic) but the idea is great. This is why we still need the Lower Decks!

As an avid player of Fleet Command, it is a bit weird to mix in Galaxy Quest with it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The STO producers actually tried to do that a few years back, but the rights negotiation at the time fell through. There's even been some fan art showing how the design of their ship can work decently in a Star Trek style:

zVkNtLX.png

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Maybe it's a stepping stone to more?

Am in Voyager s5 16 The Disease. Yay Ensign Kim on STILL getting the wrong lady, hehe. He could have invited her to stay, boo. But I guess it's alien hormones.

Still much better than s5 Gravity with Tuvok and Lori Petty. Holy cow, I recognized Lori Petty's voice but I couldn't believe she was around! But, guh, I did not like the love plotline.

Well, I'm just biased on whichever romantic bits happen in whatever shows.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Am in s6 of Voyager, last 50 eps or so.

Haven't mentioned Naomi Wildman yet but I like her a lot. Loved how she was scared of Seven before (she was with Neelix and when Seven went to her table, she went 'i am borg now', hahaha) but now looks up to her, haha.

Anyhow, Equinox part 1 and 2. I hate how efficient the Equinox crew were cuz it made them cool. Soooo this Captain Ransom is... related to our Ransom of Lower Decks?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Am in s6 of Voyager, last 50 eps or so.

Haven't mentioned Naomi Wildman yet but I like her a lot. Loved how she was scared of Seven before (she was with Neelix and when Seven went to her table, she went 'i am borg now', hahaha) but now looks up to her, haha.

Anyhow, Equinox part 1 and 2. I hate how efficient the Equinox crew were cuz it made them cool. Soooo this Captain Ransom is... related to our Ransom of Lower Decks?
No. There is no link mentioned in Lower Decks as of now. Also, Lower Decks starts about 3 years after the end of Voyager, so at most they might be cousins.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
No. There is no link mentioned in Lower Decks as of now. Also, Lower Decks starts about 3 years after the end of Voyager, so at most they might be cousins.
Well, that Equinox Ransom was pretty heroic before he passed, poor guy.

Just saw s6ep10 Pathfinder. Geez, they had to put that action scene near the end where the holo Voyager crew was helping Barclay. I was worried this ep would be like that horrible Destination Oblivion ep, where it would all come to nothing. Gosh dang, Barclay was vindicated at the end! Awesome ep all around for him!

Oh, Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy was pretty cool too. I wonder if they'll actually make a photonic cannon, haha

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, that Equinox Ransom was pretty heroic before he passed, poor guy.

Yeah, he kind of redeems himself.

Just saw s6ep10 Pathfinder. Geez, they had to put that action scene near the end where the holo Voyager crew was helping Barclay. I was worried this ep would be like that horrible Destination Oblivion ep, where it would all come to nothing. Gosh dang, Barclay was vindicated at the end! Awesome ep all around for him!

Pathfinder is an awesome episode! I love the ending where they get to talk to Voyager, I still crack up when Admiral Paris gets to tell Tom he's proud of him. It just redoubles Admiral Paris' efforts to get them home. Barclay really makes a great addition to the show and I really enjoy his next few episodes.

Just watch that scene.

Oh, Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy was pretty cool too. I wonder if they'll actually make a photonic cannon, haha

I actually missed that episode when it originally aired, and only just saw it for the first time a couple years ago on my most recent rewatch. Such a great episode, but sadly no photonic cannon ever gets made.

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, a laser is essentially a photonic cannon, and in TNG we learn they are rather ineffective against ships of the major 24th century powers.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Picard is a musical genius.

Also, in order to avoid the Gorn, we just need to adjust our tricorders to scan for their squeeking rubber suits...

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Shot myself in the foot. I enjoyed the freed Borg kids with the crew (like the freaky Halloween monster ep and Supernatural Crowley Mark Sheppard as one of the worst dads ever). I wanted the Borg kids to interact with Naomi Wildman more since they're a bunch of smart kids but the twins found their parents and the girl got adopted.

But Icheb wanted to be an explorer and stayed and I thought he was going to die when he sacrificed his implants to save Seven of Nine. I was so relieved and wanted to look up some more info on the ep. And well, I clicked on his profile.

And I found out that he gets killed in Star Trek Picard. Gosh dang, that was depressing :(

Glitch

Citizen
Whatever happened to the Borg resistance started in Unimatrix Zero, or the Borg cooperative. I wonder if both were reabsorbed or culled. If you think about it, Tuvok's assimilation and Seven's connection to the Borg and her knowledge of Voyager's adventures could have alerted the Borg to the cooperative's existence.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Maybe Lower Decks will address it?

I'm going to assume that all the Next Gen Movies happened before the Voyager encounters with the Borg Queen, right?

I'm down to the last 7 eps, yikes. I'm a bit disappointed with Q2 on how he didn't say good bye to Icheb or see how he was doing after he was miraculously healed. Like, Q Jr's change of heart happened because Icheb was injured but Icheb didn't even make an appearance after he was shocked on the ship. There should have been at least a proper good bye before Q Jr went back to the Q Continuum.

Barclay (dating myself but whenever he's mentioned, I like of Barkley the giant dog from Sesame Street) had a lot of episodes here in Voyager? Important ones too. Even more than Next Gen?

Laughed at the bad versions of the crew as seen from the Doctor in Author, Author.

Loved at how the Doctor officially got his Command post when everybody abandoned the Voyager and he had to be left behind to control everything in Workforce.

Actually, awesome too that Kim got command in a night shift ep and also Nightengale. I still don't get the chain of command for who gets to captain the ship, like Kim got command before Tom Paris? Or Tuvok?

Maaaan, I'm so close to the end.

Cybersnark

Citizen
I'm going to assume that all the Next Gen Movies happened before the Voyager encounters with the Borg Queen, right?
Generations and First Contact did. In fact, Voyager was specifically prohibited from doing anything with the Borg until FC came out (note that the Borg appearances re-use the new big-screen-quality costumes made for FC).

Insurrection doesn't have any direct connection to Voyager, but does take place during the Dominion War (seen in DS9), so Voyager is still off having adventures in the Delta Quadrant.

Nemesis explicitly takes place after Voyager's series finale (and thus has a major [but somewhat unsurprising] spoiler).

Glitch

Citizen
The TNG timeline goes
2364 - 2368 - TNG seasons 1 through 5
2369 - TNG season 6, DS9 season 1
2370 - TNG season 7, DS9 season 2 (Plus the entirety of Not Trek Enterprise which was Rikers holodeck program 🤡)
2371 - DS9 season 3, VOY season 1, Star Trek Generations. (Voyager begins after DS9 episode 'The Abandoned')
2372 - DS9 season 4, VOY season 2
2373 - DS9 season 5, VOY season 3, Star Trek First Contact (The stardate given in the film is inconsistent with the stardate of DS9 episode 'In Purgatory's Shadow' where the film is referenced)
2374 - DS9 season 6, VOY season 4
2375 - DS9 season 7, VOY season 5, Star Trek Insurrection (no stardate given)
2376 - VOY season 6
2377 - VOY season 7
2379 - Star Trek Nemesis (Stardate given in film matches year)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Given the events of the last few seasons of ds9... 2378 must of been a hell of a relief.

Top Bottom