Star Trek General Discussion

Glitch

Citizen
I think they used the now defunct borg's transwarp hub to explore more of the galaxy if Star Trek Prodigy is anything to go by, Star Trek Prodigy hints as much but Star Trek Lower Decks and Star Trek Picard have made no reference to it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Generations and First Contact did. In fact, Voyager was specifically prohibited from doing anything with the Borg until FC came out (note that the Borg appearances re-use the new big-screen-quality costumes made for FC).

Insurrection doesn't have any direct connection to Voyager, but does take place during the Dominion War (seen in DS9), so Voyager is still off having adventures in the Delta Quadrant.

Nemesis explicitly takes place after Voyager's series finale (and thus has a major [but somewhat unsurprising] spoiler).
Plus, Enterprise has "that borg episode" too.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Whatever happened to the Borg resistance started in Unimatrix Zero, or the Borg cooperative. I wonder if both were reabsorbed or culled. If you think about it, Tuvok's assimilation and Seven's connection to the Borg and her knowledge of Voyager's adventures could have alerted the Borg to the cooperative's existence.

I like to think that those in Unimatrix Zero just left the borg collective. Especially considering what happens to the Borg......

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe Lower Decks will address it?

I'm going to assume that all the Next Gen Movies happened before the Voyager encounters with the Borg Queen, right?

All of them but the last one.

I'm down to the last 7 eps, yikes. I'm a bit disappointed with Q2 on how he didn't say good bye to Icheb or see how he was doing after he was miraculously healed. Like, Q Jr's change of heart happened because Icheb was injured but Icheb didn't even make an appearance after he was shocked on the ship. There should have been at least a proper good bye before Q Jr went back to the Q Continuum.

Q2 trivia. That is actually Q's son, Keegan de Lancie playing the character.

Barclay (dating myself but whenever he's mentioned, I like of Barkley the giant dog from Sesame Street) had a lot of episodes here in Voyager? Important ones too. Even more than Next Gen?
Barclay is an awesome character and even has a major part in the finale.

Laughed at the bad versions of the crew as seen from the Doctor in Author, Author.

It was a neat episode. Reminds of the TNG episode where they debate on Data's rights. Loved the ending.

Loved at how the Doctor officially got his Command post when everybody abandoned the Voyager and he had to be left behind to control everything in Workforce.
Not really my favorite episode. Poor dude should have went with Janeway at the end.

Actually, awesome too that Kim got command in a night shift ep and also Nightengale. I still don't get the chain of command for who gets to captain the ship, like Kim got command before Tom Paris? Or Tuvok?

Forever an Ensign. 7 years, and Janeway never promotes him.

Maaaan, I'm so close to the end.

That finale is epic. I still enjoy watching the ending scene. It has only one flaw in it.

They don't show what happens at all when they finally get home. Like I would love an episode of them just trying to adapt to being home and getting to be with their families again.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished it. Well, I'm going to complain exactly on that. We don't get some sort of epilogue or welcome home episode?!?! They only get to fly towards home and that's it?!?! Where does Seven of Nine go? And the Doctor? The Marquis must have gotten a pardon. Same with the crew of Ransom from the Equinox.

What about Neelix? Yeah, he found a family but he's still the official ambassador to the Delta Quadrant.

I know Icheb dies but does Naomi Wildman go Starfleet too?

What about Michael Sullivan? I was waiting for him to say 'I miss my wife' from Lower Decks but he never did, haha.

Harry Kim gets command in semi bad future so am safely assuming he still get promoted.

The shortcut trip with the one way wormholes to the future is so weird, honestly. The Borg could totally have used these somehow. Send a drone, get new tech and, um, use techno mumbo jumbo to relay the tech back via borg implants, which Voyager did several times using Seven, haha. But whatever.

Glad they made it home but they really should have given us more of an epic send off, cmon.

---
Oh, I kinda loved the holograms revolting in the Flesh and Blood two parter Hirogen ep. Sad the Hirogens died but I'm still fond of the idea that they were just gamers, haha. Hologram wise, loved the different races together in one spot, cool to see.

Oh, something I didn't like in The Void ep, when the Voyager is trapped in that space and other ships pirate each other for resources. They escaped with... three other ships / two races. But they didn't try to leave technology to help free the other ships? They just left other races to die in the Void or have other ships fall in. They could have, I dunno, created a permanent tunnel through it or whatever.

Well, glad it's over. Hope the Delta Quadrant aliens are used again. I realize now that it's tough to do Voyager stuff in Lower Decks because Delta Q is too far. (And Enterprise is too dated too).

So, other than the four Next Gen movies (in the timeline), what should I watch next? Friend said watch Prodigy.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yeah, Prodigy is the stealth Voyager sequel you're looking for. And it's not that FAR form traditional Trek either to be fair. The opening pilot does have a bit of a Clone Wars feel, but you get some classic Trek style plots after that in the following episodes.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finished it. Well, I'm going to complain exactly on that. We don't get some sort of epilogue or welcome home episode?!?! They only get to fly towards home and that's it?!?! Where does Seven of Nine go? And the Doctor? The Marquis must have gotten a pardon. Same with the crew of Ransom from the Equinox.

Yeah, its the one thing that I don't like. Like give us a follow up episode! We spent 7 years with these characters, I want to know what happens now that they arrived home. Prodigy and Picard give us a few bits an pieces, but I wouldn't mind more info on how they handled geting home.

What about Neelix? Yeah, he found a family but he's still the official ambassador to the Delta Quadrant.

I think that he got the best ending of all of them. He finds a lost colony of his own people and gets to be a hero and then join them.

Not in the shows, but in the novels and STO, she is in Star Fleet.

Harry Kim gets command in semi bad future so am safely assuming he still get promoted.

Sadly we never hear from him again. I was hoping that Captain Harry would show up in Picard somewhere, but he sadly didn't.

Oh, I kinda loved the holograms revolting in the Flesh and Blood two parter Hirogen ep. Sad the Hirogens died but I'm still fond of the idea that they were just gamers, haha. Hologram wise, loved the different races together in one spot, cool to see.

That was a great two parter.

Well, glad it's over. Hope the Delta Quadrant aliens are used again. I realize now that it's tough to do Voyager stuff in Lower Decks because Delta Q is too far. (And Enterprise is too dated too).

One of the things in the latest Star Trek series is that they have much faster warp now. Not saying it would be a quick trip to get back to Neelix, but it certainly wouldn't take years anymore.

So, other than the four Next Gen movies (in the timeline), what should I watch next? Friend said watch Prodigy.

Prodigy is a good show. It has a lot of the Voyager feel to it, especially with Janeway being in so much of it.

Lets see. You have seen TNG, DS9, TOS, Voyager, and Strange New Worlds right? I would recommend Enterprise next, to give you a little break from the Voyager saga before dipping into the awesome show that is Prodigy. Then catch Discovery, and finish up with Picard. However, you might want to watch the four TNG movies now if you haven't yet.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

What about Michael Sullivan? I was waiting for him to say 'I miss my wife' from Lower Decks but he never did, haha.

The shortcut trip with the one way wormholes to the future is so weird, honestly. The Borg could totally have used these somehow. Send a drone, get new tech and, um, use techno mumbo jumbo to relay the tech back via borg implants, which Voyager did several times using Seven, haha. But whatever.

Glad they made it home but they really should have given us more of an epic send off, cmon.

---

Oh, something I didn't like in The Void ep, when the Voyager is trapped in that space and other ships pirate each other for resources. They escaped with... three other ships / two races. But they didn't try to leave technology to help free the other ships? They just left other races to die in the Void or have other ships fall in. They could have, I dunno, created a permanent tunnel through it or whatever.

We get to see some of the Voyager cast (and the ship) in "Discovery", "Picard" and "Prodigy" if you're a STV fan.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Yeah, Prodigy is the stealth Voyager sequel you're looking for. And it's not that FAR form traditional Trek either to be fair. The opening pilot does have a bit of a Clone Wars feel, but you get some classic Trek style plots after that in the following episodes.

For the alleged "children-targeted" entry of the new Trek series, I was surprised by how much I've enjoyed Prodigy, and happily added it to my blu-ray collection.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I worried about Neelix post "Endgame". He kept regular contact with Voyager after he disembarked, then the episode happens so they can't contact him anymore. So he stops getting calls from his friends and doesn't know why. Not knowing would be eating him alive, more than knowing they'd died.

Axaday

Citizen
I worried about Neelix post "Endgame". He kept regular contact with Voyager after he disembarked, then the episode happens so they can't contact him anymore. So he stops getting calls from his friends and doesn't know why. Not knowing would be eating him alive, more than knowing they'd died.
They may have sent him a message, right?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

They could probably message him the same way that Star Fleet was messaging Voyager. Heck, I am sure that they sent someone out to see him eventually. Maybe Captain Kim went out there in a Transwarp ship to see him.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I started on Prodigy, well, up to ep10 Moral Star.

With Janeway and Chakotay, yeah, it's a continuation. Ish? They wouldn't kill a main character like Chakotay in a spin off? Not like the killing of Locarno in Lower Decks.

At the start, I dislike the jerk ish Dal, the cliche, pretty, capable elvish Gwyn. I like Jason Manzoukasspelling but I hate his character design (since he looks older than the others). Zero and Rok were meh. Guess Murf and Janeway were my favorites.

Of course, changed my mind a bit by ep10. Still don't like cliche Gwyn (clone of Dragon Prince elf girl) and Dal but a bit less (especially after he beat the Kobayashi Maru). Rok got a negative reaction from me when she kept whining 'I can't ' during the varying time episode but, well, she got better. Probably aged years.

The illusion fear plant planet could have been shorter. The one shot eps were better, especially the Kobayashi Maru ep and the time thing. Great conclusion with the Moral Star 2 parter tho. I prefer the crew to be that efficient.

Oh, loved cameos in the Kobayashi Maru. Odo for best security officer! No rep from Enterprise? Boo!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished Prodigy 11 to 20.

That was MUCH better! Felt more Star Trek, plus they were in uniforms. And the real Janeway was around. Dal got more serious and, well, I really like it that he's an Augment! It's entities like him that are a threat to the Federation, haha. But seriously, that was a cool reveal to me.

I looked up Okona before when I saw him in Next Gen so I wonder why bring up such an old reference and not use him more, aw.

Loved the 'aliens hiding from space nazis in the transport buffer and Janeway kissing the fake evil commander who double crossed her but she triple crossed' reference near the end.

The Star Flight parody culture planet was goofy but I loved it. The mind switch ep was very important so I can't believe they used that cliche to move the story forward. Janeway's new crew meeting the Prodigy crew was cool.

The two part finale death trap of the ships infecting each other was quite suspenseful. I don't get why destroying the ship would kill the program but whatever. Poor Janeway hologram. They should have referenced Michael Sullivan, so they could have had a holo marriage, haha

The whole Gwyn's race going back in time is the same plot as... the Kelvin (?) Chris Pine Star Trek movie, right?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
The death trap battle also could easily explain what happened to the Enterprise E, given how many ships were lost, and how many Sovereign class were involved.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That is the going theory given what

Picard Season 3 spoilers

Worf says in Season 3 with the fate of the Enterprise E was not his fault.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Finished s2 1 to 10's arc (actually in the middle of the last arc but am posting by arc).

Love that the crew (can't call them kids cuz Pog seems older) are training to be Star Fleet. Did I mention I hate Murf's humanoid form? Oh well. Do not care so much for Gwyn's elf-ish warrior subplot, eh.

Lots of wasted eps (racing ep, translating Murf ep, but the holo clones ep was really fun) and didn't seem like the 10 ep arc was going to end properly. It actually didn't since it lead straight to finding Chakotay.

Finale with the reveal of Traveller Wesley Crusher was pretty awesome! So this was Wesley's destiny! Amazing! It wasn't very science-y but he was still cool. Janeway got action-y too.

Ok, intro part with Chakotay and his bird first officer was great. Zero getting an alien looking body was great. Not that fond of Vulcan girl but sure, why not. Her romance with Zero was cooler when Zero was a gender less color of light instead of being a guy, haha.

Cerritos got mentioned, haha. I forget which ep but that was cool.

The time devouring Looms concept, I've seen in the Hilda show. That was better done there.

Actually down to the last 4 eps (Chakotay is pretty cool) so kinda sad to know that Prodigy was already canceled, shucks.

Top Bottom