Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, really.

As much as I've enjoyed Seasons 1 and 2, sharing this clip makes me question the sense of the showrunners.

That was the most cliffhangery cliffhanger since Best of Both Worlds, and this is the first promotional material for the next season we see?

Could you imagine that summer, where you don't know what is going to happen to Picard and Riker is about to destroy the cube, and you have to wait for months on end to see what happens, then the first thing you see is a muddy Jean Luc and Robert drunk singing songs?

Axaday

Citizen
I had a few disappointments with Picard S3, but S2 was mainly terrible. There was a little bit of good exposition/character stuff with Picard's childhood. I didn't take away anything else that was worth doing. I guess the tying together Travellers and Observers and Wesley. But that was totally tacked on in a way that made no sense. Same with the former really. Q made the Federation into a xenophobic hell so that Picard could go back the 21st century to come to terms with his 24th century childhood? What now?

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
I mean, it wouldn't SURPRISE me. I feel like the only one that thought Picard S3 wasn't really any better than S2.
Not quite the only one. I always felt like people were suddenly a lot more willing to let little things slide, accept the story on its own terms, etc. now that it was about Beverly and Worf instead of Jurati and Elnor.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Picard s3 spoilers

Well, the cast was better than previous seasons. No offense, but these are legendary actors and characters that we have 40+ years with. Still, the Worf parts were the worst parts of S3. Until he got to the Titan, his parts were meh. The crime world stuff was meh to me. Beverly was awesome throughout the season. Loved that she figured a way to save the Titan. The fact that she and Picard have a kid together is freaking awesome. Jack was a great example of how to bring a new character, and I am totally shipping him with Sidney "Crash" LaForge. Speaking of another new character, she was amazing in this season, as was captain Shaw, who would have made a great addition to the Star Trek Legacy cast. Laforge and Data were great in this series, and you really feel their friendship, and Data's evolution is finally completed. That final episode was epic too. Enterprise D, heading to destroy the last refuge of the Borg and stop their take over of the Federation. Picard's speech about running from the collective for half his life was great and at the end I still tear up when Riker says, "We'll be waiting for you, me and our boy" when he is on the exploding station.

Seven being the new captain of the new Enterprise is great, and I really hope that they eventually pick up on that Star Trek Legacy that they left it hanging with.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Not quite the only one. I always felt like people were suddenly a lot more willing to let little things slide, accept the story on its own terms, etc. now that it was about Beverly and Worf instead of Jurati and Elnor.
Interesting examples, since Jurati and Elnor were barely in S2.

Axaday

Citizen
I wanted to be interested in Elnor, but I didn't feel like they ever explained why he was in the show at all. Nothing Jurati ever did was interesting to me. I REALLY dug bringing back Hugh and then they killed him. I could've watched for Cristobal and his ending worked out okay, but it isn't what I would have done. Raffi's best stuff was in Season 3.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Jurati didn't do anything interesting until she was half borg. Remember when she flat out murdered that innocent guy? And everyone is like hey don't do that again.

Elnor was interesting enough, but he got no screen time in S3 and barely any in S2. Champion of hopeless causes is a great character type, and I hate that got discarded.

Rios, didn't really work for me in either season.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
What are you guys talking about... there was only 1 season of ST: Picard.
ba-sing-se.gif

Top Bottom