Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
SS86 Ratchet arrived today, and... I know I'm going against the grain here, but honestly he just makes me wish I'd gotten one of the WFC versions. He's practically the same toy as them, except reworked to be way more of a pain to transform (whose stupid idea was the front of his roof?) and to not have any 5mm ports.
I've got SS Ironhide and Earthrise Ratchet, plus the WFC mold for Sureshot, DX Black Guard and the Auto Trooper.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
SS86 Ratchet arrived today, and... I know I'm going against the grain here, but honestly he just makes me wish I'd gotten one of the WFC versions. He's practically the same toy as them, except reworked to be way more of a pain to transform (whose stupid idea was the front of his roof?) and to not have any 5mm ports.

I'm not worried about the 5ML ports on Ratchet but that front part of the vehicle mode is a complete disaster of a desgin, if anything the Earthrise/Seige desgin was a better transformation and what could of prefected the Earthrise side is if they just made some need feet to make them look like a Earth based vehicle instead of something inbetween, clearly someone decided to short cut on the desgin to save money

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Has anyone else here had this problem?

Months ago, I bought a Studio Series 86 Core class Ironhide in one of Hasbro Pulse's sales. When it arrived with the other figures I bundled with it during the sale, upon first opening it, I noticed that Ironhide's left shoulder was cracked. The ball joint attaching the arm to the shoulder wouldn't stay in the shoulder socket because of the crack making the socket too wide.

Then, about three and a half weeks back, I bought another Core class Ironhide from Target, and just now got around to opening it. Just like the first one, right out of the package the left shoulder has a crack. Not as severe as the crack on the first one (since the arm joint is still secure enough inside the shoulder socket), but it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

Is this a common thing with this toy? Do all SS86 Core class Ironhides have a crack in their left shoulder?

Note that this problem doesn't seem to have affected my SS86 Core class Ratchet.

CrockAlley

Citizen

Months ago, I bought a Studio Series 86 Core class Ironhide in one of Hasbro Pulse's sales. When it arrived with the other figures I bundled with it during the sale, upon first opening it, I noticed that Ironhide's left shoulder was cracked. The ball joint attaching the arm to the shoulder wouldn't stay in the shoulder socket because of the crack making the socket too wide.

Then, about three and a half weeks back, I bought another Core class Ironhide from Target, and just now got around to opening it. Just like the first one, right out of the package the left shoulder has a crack. Not as severe as the crack on the first one (since the arm joint is still secure enough inside the shoulder socket), but it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

Is this a common thing with this toy? Do all SS86 Core class Ironhides have a crack in their left shoulder?

Note that this problem doesn't seem to have affected my SS86 Core class Ratchet.

Mine seems fine. No crack. Joint is working great.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Someone I know told me his Core Ironhide's arm broke completely off the second time he transformed it.

foxracing5

Citizen
eZy Watermark_30-06-2023_08-34-50-6230AM.jpeg
eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_12-40-52-6200AM.jpeg
eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_12-40-51-6570AM.jpeg
eZy Watermark_17-10-2023_07-03-44-8720PM.jpeg
eZy Watermark_17-10-2023_07-03-32-4410PM.jpeg

CrockAlley

Citizen

Okay, I took a closer look, and there is a stress mark right at the socket. It’s still tight, but I’ll keep my eye on it.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Welp I ordered Ultra Magnus and Ratchet yay!! my wallet says ouch though UM started to back up in price not cool
Thankfully thats the last commander class I needed for a good while

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't like it on Sludge, but I do plan on ordering the Paddles kit:
Uf2eWhBiPGdGBPp2kvHIAQSX5GLi0Jp-RUD7TbBkuPuvwKPbrFJvvxYI-NbMlokZYIGYn2QeTGia1A=s640-nd-v1

Maybe it's the fin "mane" on the back of the head, but it somehow looks better than it does on Sludge.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Somehow, it looks much better with that Paddles kit. Maybe it's because the longer neck looks too disproportionate with the rest of the figure as it normally is, but when converted to a Plesiosaur the neck looks more proportionate.

Blot

Citizen
The new neck ignores the taper that Sludge's head has to its base, so you just have this weird sausage between the head and body now.

Top Bottom