Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
IIRC, these neck pieces are modular, and the user can add as many or as few as they want. Maybe using fewer would have yielded a cleaner looking dino mode?

Darth_Prime

Citizen
So I was in Walmart in Brandon, FL today and saw these in the Christmas toy section at the front of the store. $24.97

IMG_5996.jpeg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I've only found the 2-packs at one nearby Walmart so far, and saw no evidence of the Jazz/Gnaw set. Either a troop-builder got them all, or they don't have very common distribution compared to the rest.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Not a bad choice, what with the 40th coming up and all. I love Earthrise Prime, but my hope at the Commander pricepoint would be that the trailer would be better-proportioned, include Roller, Matrix, gas nozzle, missles, etc. Beyond that, and seeing how it is a movie toy, I would expect maybe an interchangeable battle-damaged chest / head, and perhaps even a gurney to lay him down on (because, "I fear...the wounds are...fatal").

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
ER definitely needs some changes to the bot as well. It's frustrating how off the proportions are when Siege already had them right.
THANK YOU! Every time I look at ER Prime, I can't help but wonder how they messed the shape of his robot mode when Siege Prime's robot mode was so much closer to the look of Optimus's cartoon model. It's why I chose to skip both Earthrise and Kingdom's releases and the only WFCT-molded Optimus I picked up was Tenseg Base Optimus (whose robot mode is also much more accurate than ER Prime).

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I prefer ER's redesigned shoulders, and it's crazy impressive that they managed to include the Matrix while shoving so much of the truck into the chest. The way that toy absorbs the truck's mass is just incredible.

But so much else is a step backwards. Siege's proportions are better, and the transformation allows it to have the apparently mandatory Dreamwave feet without being wrong in vehicle mode. It's a clever trick.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It looks fine in very stiff poses. Start moving the hips and it quickly turns into a nightmare.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It would have to be pretty spectacular to get me to pay for another G1 Optimus, as I'm pretty happy with ER Prime + the accessories from the Centurion pack. Not that it would be coming from Studio Series, but the only surefire way to get me to buy a Commander Class Optimus is for it to be of the Powermaster persuasion.

Top Bottom