Studio Series discussion

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Because Hasbro could not be bothered to notify Pulse members that SS86 Prime was available for preorder yesterday (or today), I am happy to provide a PSA that he is in stock again now. So, you know, if you want to order him with free shipping, now is your chance.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Yeah, tiny trucks do exist so Huffer and Pipes (and Puffer!) never bothered me scale wise.
There's also Motormaster, but I'm not sure how often he showed up in the same frame/panel with a clear scale reference.

ANYWAY IIRC someone once made a robot-mode scale chart based on the actual vehicle sizes and it was wiiiild. The Minibots were obvious offenders, and of course the Seekers, but the whole thing was insane.

Anyone remember this, or am I imagining things again?

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the closest we ever got was the Masquerade 1-on-1 duel where MM lost his King of the Road duel. Other than that, I don’t remember.

I’m not that bothered if Prime and Grimmy are similar heights now. Same for big buff SS86 Magnus.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Like Ultra Magnus, Motormaster was also a size-changer who shrank when going from vehicle to robot mode.

Blot

Citizen
Because Hasbro could not be bothered to notify Pulse members that SS86 Prime was available for preorder yesterday (or today), I am happy to provide a PSA that he is in stock again now. So, you know, if you want to order him with free shipping, now is your chance.
Something on point that Hasbro won't send out an email telling you to buy the big $90 Main Character of the Franchise Toy Everyone Would Want, but will send one to remind you that yes, there's more of those $25 Strongarm toys in stock.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Something on point that Hasbro won't send out an email telling you to buy the big $90 Main Character of the Franchise Toy Everyone Would Want, but will send one to remind you that yes, there's more of those $25 Strongarm toys in stock.
My email from them was instead about a Halloween-colored Stormtrooper.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I hate the size. Not so much that he's bad in and of himself, or that he will look bad with select bots. It's that this is going to set off a whole chain reaction with other characters. Undoubtedly, Megatron and Galvatron will be at this new height. And then new toys will have to be scaled against either the old scale or this new one. The Dinobots were mentioned already. What about the Seekers? They aren't supposed to be much shorter than Megatron. Etc.

Coming after Magnus, Omega Prime, SS86 Springer being taller, etc., I'm betting the end result of this is going to be a slow march back toward the pre-WfC sorta-in-scale approach. As someone who has absolutely loved the WfC-to-present era especially for its robot mode scaling, that's saddening.

Worst of all? I hate that I'm probably going to end up buying him anyway. I'm sure I'll be getting the new Megs and Galvy unless they completely drop the ball on those. Then definitely Rodimus whenever they get around to an SS86 version. Having ER Optimus as a shrimp among that group would bug me endlessly.

*Goes to look for some clouds to yell at.*

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
And, of course, vehicle-scale Scramble City would be a mess. (A fun mess, I think, but that's me.)
1429025091784.jpg

MrBlud

Citizen
I hate the size. Not so much that he's bad in and of himself, or that he will look bad with select bots. It's that this is going to set off a whole chain reaction with other characters. Undoubtedly, Megatron and Galvatron will be at this new height. And then new toys will have to be scaled against either the old scale or this new one. The Dinobots were mentioned already. What about the Seekers? They aren't supposed to be much shorter than Megatron. Etc.

Coming after Magnus, Omega Prime, SS86 Springer being taller, etc., I'm betting the end result of this is going to be a slow march back toward the pre-WfC sorta-in-scale approach. As someone who has absolutely loved the WfC-to-present era especially for its robot mode scaling, that's saddening.

I may have been a tad overzealous. If this is true, it’s not as bad as I feared.

IMG_2431.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I think I figured out why I am not feeling this new OP, its the dam chest and windows, I've been use to looking at not so big windows for a long time and them having a slight overhang, thou I think that is just one of the reasons, of course, I also think the colours could do with breaking up a bit more upon the legs and on the elbow joints, thou this might be me nict picking and longing to see colours similar to ER OP put upon the figure

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
The current scaling makes it so that the carbots’ heads are around the middle of his ab grill. With the height increase, it'll probably end up similar to the MP scale where carbots end up just past his waist, which is probably more accurate to the scale chart.

Top Bottom