Studio Series discussion

Badgertron

Citizen
It's a bit of a 'shop, but tformers did this one.

b1GjrRA.jpeg
I've seen this and it's a good illustration of how lighting changes colours in photography. Here, Studio Series Magnus looks a lot closer to the G1 toy shade of blue, whereas in person it's a MUCH more purpley shade of blue. As a fan of the G1 toy I was very disappointed (it's still a nice toy though).

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I still have CW Magnus (well okay, it's the LG version) and it is a fun toy, IMO. All of the negatives mentioned so far are true, and it isn't great by today's standards (okay, or back when it came out!) but I do like the style and the miniature Alpha Trion gimmick.

I was never into the fiction much, so the IDW connection is completely lost on me. I just thought that it was an interesting take on Magnus and it remains kind of an oddity in my collection. Of course I really love SS86 Magnus because he's more faithful to the original design, but CW/LG Magnus still has a place in my collection.

Last edited:

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
No love for FOC Ultra Magnusk, I see :p
He's around somewhere, but I have no idea where at the moment. Probably still in the storage unit. I've been in the process of organizing and trimming my collection, slowed massively by a flood we had a couple years ago. Just so happened that one thing I did have readily at hand is the crate with all of my TFTM collections. Since I started digging into them, I'm probably going to take some similar pictures tonight of all the other characters, along with some group shots. I'll post them in the pictures thread once they're ready.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
He could be there. Hard to tell with his stature really. You'd have to really zoom in to see him. Maybe get Perceptor to help out.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I really need a "full" Ultra Magnus. All I've got is Classics and RiD SpyChanger UMs.

I'm not even bothered by the size, considering.

1722404391455.png

Truth be gold, SS'86 is like a dream line for me, since the '86 movie crew is basically the lineup of Transformers I've wanted to assemble for years, but I just haven't been able to afford them, not at the prices/rate they come out.

Oh well. At least I have Fortress Maximus to cry myself to sleep with now.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The transformation is complex enough to make it really interesting, without being totally made up of tiny flipping panels. I'm excited to have this one on preorder.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just need to keep reminding myself that I don't need this. That I'm perfectly content with Earthrise Prime.

He does look really good, though.

Top Bottom