Studio Series discussion

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Hasbro’s reissue train is continuing at Target.

SS-49 Bumblebee (Transformers 2007) has been reappearing at Target stores, much as the recent reissue of Power of the Primes Leader Optimus Prime has done.
While a reissue, there may still be run variances. And its also possible any minor retooling from other iterations might sneak their way into this run.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Hasbro PulseCon 2024:

Studio Series

Deluxe class TF One Bumblebee

Deluxe class TF One Elita-1

Voyager class TF One Sentinel Prime - triple-changer (jet, robot, armored robot) "He's somewhat of a triple-changer in the movie"

It was decided to hold off on Devastator for another month. Wait until 10/27. There will be BIG news around Devastator.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Voyager class TF One Sentinel Prime - triple-changer (jet, robot, armored robot)
Not getting into whatever may happen in the movie...
I'm not sure I'd call an armoured up robot mode a third mode 😛
But hey! Whatever you gotta do to get "Triple Changer" on the packaging, Hasbro!

Still, as its own thing, it's a good looking figure.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"He's somewhat of a triple-changer in the movie"
Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 03-46-47 Willem Dafoe's I'm Something of a Scientist Myself Meme.png
OsbornePrime.jpg

Yeah, I couldn't decide here.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll probably get this over the Warrior/Deluxe so he looks better standing next to other Primes and such1, but I'd like redecos out of the latter because that looks pretty good too. Glad the yellow is less orangey/brown so he's more distinct from Dirge's colors.

That third mode is hilariously "sure, Hasbro, whatever you say".

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
It really is. But I'm planning on using that Voyager as a stand in for Nominus Prime, so the larger size and the battle mode really help sell it.
Same.

The Prime Changer is really, really nice. And considering how TFO Optimus turned out, with the Prime Changer outdoing the SS version... man... the TFO Prime Changers just really outdid themselves.

They're also way too small though. I'd like a version of this design to scale with my other Primes and the SS version shown off completes that assignment.

I'd also say the SS version looks like it has more going for it than simply size.
The integration of the shoulder guns in battle mode look better than the PC's tacked on guns.
The wings look far more screen accurate based on what footage is available.
A Prime with a deployable battle mask is always a treat.

So all in all I'm digging what they showed off and can't wait. I think the PC is a really nice first go and is kinda nuts it's that good at its budget and size, but the SS version definitely looks like it's going to be awesome in its own right.

Top Bottom